Ford Mondeo TDCi 130 - ukemaxxer
Hi all,

I have just taken delivery of a new Mondeo with the 130 bhp TDi engine. This morning after about 1 minute driving the engine cut out and the glowplug warning light was flashing. Has anyone else here had this happen and if so what caused the problem.
I went straight to a local dealer (mine is a company car so not bought locally) who said the fuel pump was showing signs of wear, the car is 2 days old!. It has run ok since that though.
Thanks
Richard
Ford Mondeo TDCi 130 - glowplug
I would recommend searching the site for 'tdci'. I think you'll find there's a number of complaints of this nature.

Steve.
Hi Glowplug,

I saw the search bar after I had posted this question, but having searched now I have found that I am not alone with these type of faults.

Cheers
Ford Mondeo TDCi 130 - Altea Ego
you dump this problem firmly in the hands of your leasing company
who in turn will kick backsides at a far higher level in Ford than you could hope to reach. Ford DO NOT want to be in leasing company bad books.

As mentioned this is a well know TDCI problem and the leasing company will know it.
I have already been on the phone to our company fleet manager and told him that if it does it again I will refuse to drive the car. Luckily it was only on a local estate road when it cut out, I was on my way from Leeds to Sheffield and if it had of been in the 3rd land of the M1, that could have been deadly!
Ford Mondeo TDCi 130 - glowplug
Uke, sorry if I can across as abrupt, it wasn't meant that way, just typed it between jobs!

I hope you manage to get this sorted, the drivers I know that have 'good' TDCi's think they are wonderful.

Good luck.

Steve.
Hi Glowplug, no problem, I didn't think you were being abrupt at all, I drove a 90 bhp Peugeot 406 for the last 3 years so the TDci is a breath of fresh air to me and apart from this problem I think the car is great.
Richard