primera oil change - egor
Just got a 99 primera 2.0i gx , full history serviced on the dot by nissan dealer last service jan 2003.
Ive been reading a lot about using full synthetic oil every 5k so do i just replace whats in it at the moment or wait until its done 5k from last service also whats that engine cleaner stuff like redex i thnk?
Thank you
primera oil change - roscopervis
Wait for the 5k to be reached first, it was only January! You could use some engine flush before the oil change as its a fairly new engine, older engines tend to display leaks if used on them.

DO NOT use slick 50 or anything like that in the new oil. Its a bad idea.

Use redex in the petrol tank. You probably wont feel that it has done anything but it does work.
primera oil change - Doc
Just got a 99 primera 2.0i gx , full history serviced
on the dot by nissan dealer last service jan 2003.

I don't want to worry you but I have recently bought a secondhand car (2001) from a large Nissan dealer.

"Just had a full service,Sir"
Service record stamped both for this service and last years.

I checked the air filter and plugs and both had not been changed.
I am concerned that the oil and filter may also have been missed as there is no sign of the drain plug having been recently disturbed.
I have not, as yet, looked at the brakes, although as the vehicle is of fairly low mileage, I don't expect any horrors.
I am due to return to the dealer to sort out other matters and will point out these findings for his comment then.

It seems to me that a dealer stamp is no guarantee that the work has actually been carried out!
primera oil change - mark999
I bought a Primera 2.0LX from a dealer (jtc600) with full service history, they used a mineral 15w-40 oil.
Just out of the 6 months warranty the engine oil paths to the top end became blocked.
I now always immediately change all fluids/filters after purchase.