primera oil/additive - egor
Just got a 99 primera 2.oi gx.
It had a major service and mot january 2003 when do you think i should change the oil and do you recomend the synthetic stuff?
Also does that redline stuff work you chuck in with your petrol and it cleans your engine?
primera oil/additive - DavidHM
Assuming the car's any good, there's no need to use any fuel additives at this stage.

I think the Primera has 12k service intervals. If the car was last serviced in January, change the oil after 6k (or half whatever the service interval is) or in July, whichever is sooner.

Synthetic oil can be a good buy if you're planning on keeping the vehicle for a long time, but make a note of what the manufacturer's specifications are in the manual.
primera oil/additive - egor
Hi,
Car runs nice and smooth was a nissan dealer demo car then sold to person whos had it back to dealer for all services on the dates required. Thing is i have no idea what oil they've put in at last service or in the cars life and from my research the general idea is that synthetic is best, so do i change oil 5k from last service mileage in jan 2003 and what to semi synthetic or the full also might chuck in some of that texaco petrol additive as i have no idea what its been filled up with.
primera oil/additive - blank
Egor:
Don't worry too much!

If the engine and the rest of the car are OK, and it sounds like they probably are, you don't need miracle additives to cure a non-existent problem.
Continue to have it serviced properly as per Nissan's instructions, don't abuse it and it will be absolutely fine. If you want to be slightly more conservative and do more than recommended by the manufacturer, add a few extra oil, coolant etc changes as recommended in HJ's FAQ15

Andy

www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=13