Adding Cruise Control - Yoby
Does anyone know whether a) It is possible to fit cruise control to a 2001 new shape Mondeo and b) where the best place to have it done is?

Just back from Canada after hiring a car with it and found it superb.

Thanks! Yoby
Adding Cruise Control - Dave N
You may have a few probs with fitting it to a modern car. Don't know if you have a throttle cable, but if not then you may have difficulty in the aftermarket. But worth trying Ford as most new stuff already has everything you need bar the switch/controls, which just need adding then code the ECU to accept it.
Adding Cruise Control - lauriew
Hello Yoby. Try Ultimate Design of Kettering. (01536 514400)or www.ultimatedesign.co.uk
They do kits for most cars either mailorder,diy:or they will fit.
Adding Cruise Control - kithmo
As you may know, you do have a throttle cable so an aftermarket kit is a feasible option. For more info on the Mondeo and to ask questions, why not subscribe to the Mondeo Enthuseasts group at www.fordmondeo.org.......Keith
Adding Cruise Control - Darren
After market systems are available from www.conrad-anderson.co.uk , they also offer a fitting service. I\'ve had one in a previous car and it was acceptable in use but does not really compare for accuracy with any factory fit option.
Adding Cruise Control - Mark (RLBS)
The question did not involve a discussion on whether or not cruise control was a good idea. That part of the thread has been moved to the Discussion Forum.

Mark.
Adding Cruise Control - Cyd
I have an Econocruise Kit which I've moved from car to car for the last 12yrs except those that already had it of course. It's as good as any OE fit set up. they live in Kidderminster now i believe.
Adding Cruise Control - Flat in Fifth
I have an Econocruise Kit which I've moved from car to
car for the last 12yrs except those that already had it
of course. It's as good as any OE fit set up.
they live in Kidderminster now i believe.

correct and No1 bruv is on his way in the next 2/3 weeks to get his 2002 Mondy so fitted. If you can wait will report back when its done.
Adding Cruise Control - Flat in Fifth
Yoby,
Sorry to take some time to get back on this.

Re Easycruise in Kidderminster.
It certainly appears that they know what they are doing but….

They are actually agents for ROSTRA products from USA. So you might find a supplier closer to you.
They have actually stopped offering cruise control because of the excessive cost of insurance to allow them to test drive and set up the car. If you are willing to drive the car while their installer tests and sets up the servo unit to give the best response then they have a guy who will help you out, but he is not insured.
If you have a car with a throttle cable and plenty of room under the bonnet then fitting will be possible. Eg Mondeo petrol looks as if fitting would not be too difficult.
If you have a drive by wire throttle, eg Mondeo TDCi diesel,, then you have to faff about making up bracketes so that the cable from the servo motor pulls on the device at the throttle pedal end. Just that exercise could take best part of the day.
They do have a number of control options, the best ones look to be stalks with micro switches, though there is a device which fastens to the wheel and operates using RF signals.
Also looking at their literature it seems odd why they recommend a cut out sensor for clutch operation when fitted to diesel engines plus 12 cylinder and high performance petrol engines. I would have thought a clutch sensor was a good idea on any manual, and is certainly the case with the OEM Ford setup.

Hope that helps.

HJ you might like to amend your FAQs re cruise control in the light of this.

Cheers all,
FiF