BMW breakdown - Ian (Cape Town)
Was on the way to work this morning, when I was passed by a Beemer.
First, I had to laugh - he had debadged it, but his number plates [BMW540-WP] gave the game away ...
At the lights, i noticed steam coming from under his car - about level with the front doors. I flashed and hooted, he got out, and I told him "there is water p'ing out from there - better stop"
We pulled in just ahead, and he popped the bonnet - by then, water was gushing out from underneath.
Once the steam cleared, it was evident that the leak was close to the bulkhead - I suspect one of the hoses through to the heater matrix.
Then he says: "But the car was only in for a service yesterday!"

I left him at the side, as he phoned the BMW dealer.
"Thank god for MotorPlan," he said.
Seems coincidental that the problem came up the day after a service.
Obviously BMW would have checked such things - especially as they are in for the bill if things go wrong ...
What is your opinion:
(a) Untimely Coincidence
(b) Poor maintenance/checking of work
(c) Inadvertant mistake made at the service - ie pipe/fitting being knocked.
?
BMW breakdown - Morris Ox
You missed out:

(d) Divine intervention :)
BMW breakdown - mmm-five
I have been the recipient of various BMW Inspection 'oversights'.

When an 'oversight' occurs the Service Manager invariably blame it on 'the apprentice', even though there is supposed to be a supervisor signing-off all his work anyway.

This means that both the apprentice and supervisor are incompetent!

'Oversights' so far:
1) no coolant after flush
2) oil filler cap left off causing plumes of oil/smoke down the motorway
3) fog lamp repaired 3 times, still not resolved the problem (and I have to pay for it each time)
4) assurances of courtesy/hire care not honoured
5) tyres (supposedly badly worn - passed MOT the previous day) replaced without permission
6) MOT failure on hazard lights, but unable to repair for 4 weeks

Hence, it's independents from now on!
BMW breakdown - CM
5) tyres (supposedly badly worn - passed MOT the previous day)
replaced without permission

Hope you refused to pay for the new tyres.

As for fog lamps, I have asked 2 dealers 2 times each to properly align one of my front ones so that it points on the road. So far they have managed to get it from pointing up at an angle of about 20º to about one pointing up of about 2º. If they can't even sort something this simple out then I am not surprised by their supposed incompetence.