Vectra sri Good or Bad? - egor
Thinking of getting a sri estate are they any good? they seem good value for the money with the trip computer etc.
Vectra sri Good or Bad? - Dynamic Dave
Well most people that know me on here will already know the answer I'll give - that being I think the Vectra is ok.
Vectra sri Good or Bad? - SpamCan61 {P}
I had one on 48 hour test drive and it was OK; handled really well for a medium size estate; only thing I really didn't like was the 100% black interior trim, which made it feel very claustrophobic inside.
There are of course the well documented cambelt / idle valve problems, so check service history carefully, but overall IMHO they are good cheap second hand deal for what you get.
Vectra sri Good or Bad? - Ben {P}
If you are talking about the old vectra, i can see no reason to buy one over a mondeo. No reason at all.

Ben
Vectra sri Good or Bad? - Homme van Blanc
The 2.2l 150bhp aluminium engined version is fine.

I've had mine from new (18K per annum) since Feb 2001 and it's been reliable and reasonably quick.

There's annoying wind noise from the rear which the main dealer is incapable of fixing and the front removable radio panel lost a fixing lug (but they replaced the radio under warranty).

The half leather seats can be a bit cold before the seat heating does its job.

I'd recommend it.
Vectra sri Good or Bad? - Crombster
If you are comparing old shape Vectra to old shape Mondeo then I have always failed to understand the amount of support for the Mondeo.

My dad has the Mondeo, my girlfriends dad the Vectra, both 99/00 plated and I would chose the Vectra everytime. However, for reasons I can't comprehend I am often in the minority.

If you buy it i'm sure you wont regret it, particularly the 99+ models.

Vectra sri Good or Bad? - Dynamic Dave
Well this is a turnaround; the Vectra actually getting some positive comments for a change.
Vectra sri Good or Bad? - Marc
Colleague of mine had an old shape 2.2 SRi hatch on a 51 plate from new. It had lowered and stiffened suspension and I thought the ride was hard and crashy. Those half leather bucket style seats are hard as well. Shifted though.

He said the car had quite a few faults that had to be fixed by the dealer.
Vectra sri Good or Bad? - Richard_H
I had a W reg Vectra SXI and it wasn't that bad.

The handling could be a bit scary in the wet (more so than most other cars i've driven) but that could have been due to the massive tyres which were 205/55 R16

Things that went wrong ?

1..Aircon never worked properly from new, dealer regassed the thing multiple times and could find no leak but it still didn't work most of the time.

2..Lights behind the dash, heater controls and steering wheel controls all went at different times, this is a VERY common thing with Vauxhalls and its expensive for the dealer to fix. My Astra van (X reg) that I was driving at the time had the very same problem.

3..Sports seats fell apart, that pull out cushion thing at the front.

4..Both rear wheel bearings went, replaced under warranty.

I bought it from the company when they retired it, it was so heavy on the juice that I swapped it in for a Honda in the end.

Vectra=Bad - blank
I've given up!
Vectra sri Good or Bad? - Steve S
"Well this is a turnaround; the Vectra actually getting some positive comments for a change"

DD behave! Phrases like "OK" and "not to bad" litter these posts - certainly an improvement but heck, you'd want "OK" as a bare minimum wouldn't you?