Honda Accord Coupe wing mirror - Mark M
After having my wing mirror kicked off by a vandal. I asked my local Honda dealer to supply a new one. They said they could get one but I would have to pay an extra £50 ( in top of the £170) to respray it black. They claimed this part was no longer available in black, i find this hard to believe as the car is only five years old.
Honda Accord Coupe wing mirror - David Lacey
Many body coloured parts become available only in primer only after 4/5 years. They may not have been available coloured up since launch......
Also, there are many different colours available - it makes sense for the manufacturers to supply one item than stock perhaps twenty or so different coloured items.

Is the bit that needs painting part of the mirror or will it detach and fit to the new mirror assembly? This is common practice with Rover cars
£50 to paint it isn't too far out of the way - once the paint has been mixed and the mirror prepped etc..

Perhaps consider an insurance claim if you have protected NCB?

Rgds

David
Honda Accord Coupe wing mirror - Guy Lacey
Regardless of protected NCB, Dave, what about the excess on the policy?
Honda Accord Coupe wing mirror - David Lacey
With a possible £100 excess Guy, I think it would still make a worthwhile claim........what with the fitting charges aswell?

Dave
Re: Honda Accord Coupe wing mirror - Mark M
As i do not have protected NCB i guess i will have to bit the bullet. I did check Honda in the US and the part appeared to be in stock(in black) and far cheaper even with shipping charges, although it may well be a different spec.
Re: Honda Accord Coupe wing mirror - John Kenyon
Mark M wrote:
>
> After having my wing mirror kicked off by a vandal. I asked
> my local Honda dealer to supply a new one. They said they
> could get one but I would have to pay an extra £50 ( in top
> of the £170) to respray it black. They claimed this part was
> no longer available in black, i find this hard to believe as
> the car is only five years old.

No one said you had to get the garage to respray it - get quotes
from elsewhere for the spraying - it's not as if you really have to
blend the colour in...
Re: Honda Accord Coupe wing mirror - andy sampson
Why go to a dealer!!, give a scrappy a ring you never know they might even have one on the right colour, failing that take it to your local bodyshop to be sprayed, save yourself a packet!!!
Re: Honda Accord Coupe wing mirror - Ian Cook
For something the size of a door mirror I bet it could be successfully sprayed with an aerosol. I did a lower half door panel and it looked quite OK.