406 Power Steering - Fullchat
Whilst having a mooch around under the bonnet last week i noticed that the offside innerwing was oily. Further investigation revealed that it was power steering fluid which appeared to be leaking from a joint of a pipe and and the fluid tank. I cut off the clip and replaced it with a Jubillee clip and duly tightened it. I degreased the inner wing. A week later and there is fresh fluid indicating that the leak is still there. I've given the clip an extra tweak but am not sure wether the pipe might be leaking at the crimped joint, of the rubber pipe which slides onto the tank, and the steel pipe which joins at the crimp.
Anyone any experience of this problem?
406 Power Steering - jwoolgrove
Sorry this response is so late, but I have same problem as you had - steering fluid leaking from somehwhere on front offside of my 406. Did you solve the problem? What caused the leak? Thanks for any help you can give.

406 Power Steering - Dartrader
Hi, on my P reg 406 1.9 td I had fluid leaking at the crimped joints that go from the steel to rubber sections of the pipe. At first the joints were just wet, but after a while small cracks apeared just under the crimp. The only way to cure it is to replace the offending pipes. I got a set of dry ones from the breakers for £15.00 plus the VAT. If you buy new the longest pipe was about £75.00. Hope this helps.