Saab mobile phone - flatfour
Saab have wired the 93 with a hands free phone system, the bracket, connection to the system presumably a wire? costs £150. Has anyone any info on how to do a diy fix using the kit already built in?
Saab mobile phone - nicksaab
Hi,

I put a Nokia CARK91 kit into a 1996 Saab 900 a couple of years ago and from what I understand it hasn't changed much for the 93.
Behind the centre console panel on the passenger side footwell you'll find a wiring block. Thats the phone connection, prewired with a 12v on, 12v ignition, earth and radio mute. There are a couple of extra wires too (eg for lighting up display when headlights on etc but you won;t need this as most phones (certinaly Nokias anyway) light up when powered constantly from the car anyway.
Saab do a nice custom made handset holder which clips onto this panel and you can then drill without damaging your dashboard. Was about £20 when I got it.

Although I know what the wiring is on the 900 I can't be sure that the wire colours haven;t changed on the 93. There is information out there on the web, try saab phone installation in a search engine, thats how I found this all out originally. Alternatively someone else might be able to confirm what the 93 wiring colours are.

So there you are, simply a case of connecting the 4 wires from your car kit into these wires, mounting your aerial, speaker and microphone and off you go. Should take you less than a couple of hours. I just did one yesterday into a Toyota MR2 Roadster.