Advanced School of Motoring? - caleb2003

My wife recently wrote off our car (she and baby are thankfully uninjured).

Now because the accident was her fault she is quite a jittery driver.

So I wanted to send her on a Advanced School of Motoring course or something that might bring her confidence back.

I don't want a prolonged series of lessons, she would not appreciate that, Just a short course or something.

Has anyone been on one or know of something similar.

We are in the Cheshire area.

Many Thanks

Advanced School of Motoring? - Jonathan {p}
The website for IAM is www.iam.org.uk (offline at this moment in time).

There is a very good iam group in Wilmslow (if you are at that end of the county). Other groups are run at different locations, but I don't know any others. I think they run every second and fourth sunday in the month (or could be the otherway round).

Regards

Jonathan
Advanced School of Motoring? - muddyboots
I can highly recommend the IAM, I joined and passed my test last year.

There are local groups all over the country - have a look on the website for your nearest one.

They're a very friendly bunch of people, no need to feel intimidated, you'll be made to feel very welcome.

Different local groups have their own meeting days/times, so get in touch to find out.

Have fun !

mb
Advanced School of Motoring? - Altea Ego
www.fleetdirectory.co.uk/driver-training.asp

This lists nearly all the advanced driver schools. some are fleet only but most do public days.

I have done \"drive and survive\" basic which is ½ day with an ex poilice instructor. You drive, commentate and he then tries to correct the major errors.

Drive and Survive advanced is a ½ day track, includes abs use and braking techniques, skid control, emergency lane changing and parking (yes parking) and a ½ day refresher as the basic.
Advanced School of Motoring? - caleb2003
This is more what I am looking for, a 1 day course or something, just one that will hekp regain confidence.

Joining a club or having lesson upon lesson doesn't really suit at this moment in time.

Shame that page does not have weblinks.

Thanks