VDO CDR500 - fluff
I have just purchased an Astra 1.6 Club (52). It has a VDO CDR500 fitted which works fine. However when I turn it on it says PROGRAM in the display for a short while before the radio is heard. I have looked in the manual and it only mentions the display showing CODE.
Does any one else have this radio/cd unit and should it display PROGRAM or CODE?
VDO CDR500 - dan17
I purchased an Astra 1.7 DTI and it has a VDO CDR500. I have no manual and I don't know operate it. I'm looking for a manual on internet, but I don't find anyone. Can you help me?
I am from Romania and my english is not very good.
My e-mail adress is danilie17@yahoo.com
VDO CDR500 - John S
IIRC if you check the manual you'll find a section about setting the radio to recieve so called 'local' programmes, when the radio will show 'PROGRAM' briefly. Haven't got a manual to hand to check, but I'm sure it's there. Equally I can't remember how to turn it off, sorry.

CODE indicates that the radio coding is active, and should show up.

JS
VDO CDR500 - Dynamic Dave
John S, I don't think Fluff will hear you - old post.

In reply to Dan17, if you goto the vauxhall website (www.vauxhall.co.uk) look in the top RH corner and sign up to "My Vauxhall". You'll be able to then view stereo manuals in PDF format. These manuals will be newer than your stereo, but a lot of the features and instructions will be similar.