Tyre pressures - shoei
I have been told that you can run your car with the tyre pressures at there maximum setting. This is surposed to give better fuel economy. What other affects will it have?
Tyre pressures - Peter D
Do you mean the maximum for your car or the maximum for the tyre. The latter will be very dangerous, very slippery and very very exciting but do not go there. Your car manual identifies the pressure against tyre size that that will be within +-2 psi of the best figure. Regards Peter
Tyre pressures - shoei
Sorry I mean pressure for the car as in the owners manual max pressure.
Tyre pressures - Godfrey H {P}
Don't bother you will wear the tyres out prematurely by excessive wear on the middle part of the tread. An MOT failure point, and if you get caught with uneven illegal tyre wear a nice fixed penalty notice, not to mention the safety implications. Inflate your tyres as per the handbook states for how you use the car.
Tyre pressures - flatfour
I do 50,000 miles a year, and always run 10% up on reccomended tyre pressures, the tyres don't scuff out on the edges, as at reccomended pressures, and don't wear prematurely in the middle. I run a Saab 93 at present and got 30,000 from the front, will need new backs shortly at 48,000. My colleague has a Rover 75 1.8 done 36,000 and had 4 pairs on the front, he always runs on the reccomended pressure and they have all scuffed out on the edges, every time he visits the tyre centre they check the tracking and its never been out.
Tyre pressures - Peter D
Probably the way your colleague drives and the make of tyre Peter