Assistance re seven seater - leeandra toop

Hi

We are a family of six. Our children range from. Eight months to eight years old. We are looking at purchasing a second hand people carrier. We we looking to spend 3500 max and looking at petrol due to all this talk re taxing diesel etc and loosing value on car. Is there any people carrier petrol you recommend looking at 1.6 1.8 you recommend. I quite like citroen c4 grand picasso.

Your views would be appreciated thanks for reading this.

Assistance re seven seater - brum

Hi

We are a family of six. Our children range from. Eight months to eight years old. We are looking at purchasing a second hand people carrier. We we looking to spend 3500 max and looking at petrol due to all this talk re taxing diesel etc and loosing value on car. Is there any people carrier petrol you recommend looking at 1.6 1.8 you recommend. I quite like citroen c4 grand picasso.

Your views would be appreciated thanks for reading this.

My recollection of the grand picasso prior to the very latest was that fitting a modern baby car seat made the interior very cramped. Also access/room to the rear row required contortionist midgets.

I've yet to find an mpv to match my Alhambra mk1 for practicality. The mk2 is the same but the mk3 although bigger on the outside seems smaller internally for rear passengers. The seats that fold in the floor compromise it with no under seat space to put our toes.

You need to sit in the back of whatever you chose before you buy and make your own mind up. All 7 seaters have poor/compromised boot space when travelling 6/7 up.

Assistance re seven seater - badbusdriver

Toyota corolla verso, or mazda 5 spring to mind. But as you are a family of 6, you could also throw the honda frv into the mix. The citroen is certainly practical and well thought out, but build quality is lacking. Most vehicles of this type are best thought of as 5+2 seaters as the rearmost 2 are only suitable for kids. As yours are still quite young it shouldnt prove to be a problem though. The honda takes a different path, having 2 rows of 3 seats, all full sized, and because of this layout, if all seats are in use it has a much bigger boot than the rest. Another thing worth considering, even though you may not want to think about it, is that the honda's layout means if you are rear ended, the rear passengers will fare much better than the usual 5+2 seaters. If you want to know what i mean, have a look at how close the rear 2 seats are to the tailgate when in use.

Assistance re seven seater - badbusdriver

Re what i previously said about the honda, i have just had a look at some used ones and it seems the centre front and centre rear seats are a bit narrower than the rest, i thought they were all the same but i may have been thinking about the fiat multipla which had the same 6 seat layout.

Assistance re seven seater - SLO76
Citroen's can be more than a little temperamental electronically as they age so I'd steer you away from a Grand Picasso and towards a Mazda 5 or Toyota Verso both of which are very reliable longterm bets plus the Mazda has sliding side doors which makes access in tight spaces far better especially when child seats are in use. You're correct to be avoiding diesel at this price point too due to reliability worries. They're much more complex and prone to numerous costly issues.
Assistance re seven seater - JEREMYH

I have a Toyota Privia 2.0 d4d on a y reg 2000 model

It has 280 thousand and I have done 90 thousand with just one breakdown We think this may have only been due to a dodgy manifactured fuel filter !

You can get a good newer one with lower miles for your budget .It is one of the biggest people carriers on our roads and I promise you if you get the D4D you will be delighted

They wont retax cars that already have a clasifaction only new ones .This wont be done as the goverment encourage the purchase of them in the first place

Edited by JEREMYH on 10/04/2017 at 20:00