Times Article - Dai Watchalowski
Worth having a look at todays times (on line and paper edition) an article about speeding yet again. It reports now that it is intended to re-spray speed cameras
in dayglo orange to make them easier to to spot. The writer manages to quote the Great Northampton Lie. Have a look.
Re: Times Article - Marc
They've done this in Doncaster and it really works in keeping the speed down
Re: Times Article - John Slaughter
Dai

Snag with the news today is that, whatever colour they are painted, there will be more of them. I'm also concerned that the emphasis in the news is on dayglo gatso units - will the 'make them visible' initiative apply to all systems (eg SPECS) as well as gatsos? It's unclear.

Given that they are intended as a deterrent, it seems it's finally been admitted that hiding the damn things doesn't slow people down. Let's hope visibility decimates the revenues and halts the proliferation!

As an aside - today I think I spotted a SPECS system one of the M4 bridges west of Chippenham - anyone else seen this?

Regards

john
Re: Times Article - Mark
Some of these things are so well hidden behind other clutter or signs that painting them in any colour you care mention will not make them more visible.

What would happen if we all slowed down, no pictures were taken and no revenue derived. They then become very expensive street furniture, can't see plod wanting to pay for such a thing after all they have their ill health retirement/Stress/trauma claims to support.

as ever

Mark