Driving in France? you may need this ..... - Smileyman

Planning to drive in France? You may need a clean air sticker for your car .... the current fine for non compliance is up to €135, being refused permission to drive the car will be a much greater problem.

Stickers may be purchased on this web site ... note it's the official French government web site, the stickers cost only a few € but beware there are other sites selling these stickers at inflated prices!

The regulations only apply for some cities in France, check on the web site for the latest position...

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/

Note you will need to upload a scanned image of your car's V5 - the registration document, so make sure it's up to date regarding address etc .. and find out your car's emissions standard as this information will be required as part of the application process (motoring organisations may be able to help)

finally, do give yourself plenty of time to allow the sticker to arrive by post

Driving in France? you may need this ..... - colinh

Hopefully the "eco" stickers being distributed to hybrid/EV car owners in Spain will suffice, otherwise it's going to be difficult to see through the windscreen if every country has one!

n332.es/2016/09/08/100000-more-eco-stickers-distri.../

Driving in France? you may need this ..... - Big John

it's going to be difficult to see through the windscreen if every country has one!

Good point - already have German and French eco stickers , and usually have Swiss & Austrian vignettes

Driving in France? you may need this ..... - colinh

By the way - ithere's a noteat the bottom of the French website that says:

Driving in France? you may need this ..... - ExA35Owner

And Germany too:

www.umwelt-plakette.de/de/home.html

Driving in France? you may need this ..... - Theophilus

DVD has already started a post on this in the "Legal" section.

As I responded to DVD's posting -

... the requirement to display a "Crit'Air" sticker only applies to travel in or through the cities of Paris, Lyon and Grenoble - not on the motorways around the cities (although the Grenoble through-route looks as though it may be included).

It is also not widely publicised that vehicles displaying a disabled (blue badge) are exempt.

I applied online and mine took about three weeks to come - although I had to mess around with the scanning of the registration document to get it below the max upload size.

WATCH out for scam/copycat websites!!!!!!

The instructions stipulate to stick on the right hand side of the windscreen - but as the sticker is 80mm diameter on my car this would trigger an MOT fail as the max size of sticker you are allowed in the swept area of the windscreen is 40mm. I contacted CritAir by email to clarify and they have confirmed that it is OK to affix on the other side of the windscreen

Edited by Big John on 24/03/2017 at 21:46

Bonjour,

Vous pouvez effectivement coller votre certificat qualité de l'air à gauche de votre pare-brise si la réglementation de votre pays vous interdit de le mettre à droite.

Cordialement,

Service de délivrance des Certificats Qualité de l’Air

Translated:-

You can actually paste your air quality certificate to the left of your windshield if your country's regulations prohibit you from putting it right.

Edited by Big John on 24/03/2017 at 23:42

Driving in France? you may need this ..... - StateOfPlay

Thanks for the info. I will be driving down through Lyon this summer but aim to stay on the autoroute A6/A7. So I will not need this sticker?

Thanks for the info. I will be driving down through Lyon this summer but aim to stay on the autoroute A6/A7. So I will not need this sticker?

Probaby not,

I've got mine just in case I end up being diverted whilst navigating around Paris or Lyon. Both places can get very busy and my Tomtom tries to divert me away from the worst. It's only a one off few Euro's purchase

Edited by Big John on 26/03/2017 at 00:29

The official "Crit'Air" website for restictions affecting Lyon specifically states "Attention: The highways A7, A6 and A42 are not concerned by the measure"

Hope this reassures!

www.crit-air.fr/en/information-about-the-critair-v...6

This web site is quoting €29.65 for the sticker .... that's much more than the price stated on the Governmental web site (I've not investigated what extra service if any you will receive to justify the increased price)

This web site is quoting €29.65 for the sticker .... that's much more than the price stated on the Governmental web site

Not quite sure where you got that figure from - the website you posted a link to in your first post quotes €3.70 + postage, ie. under £5.

www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/demande-ext/cgu

But I still don't think you will need one unless you plan to travel into central Paris, Lyons, Grenoble or Lille

Interestingly I drove through Rouen yesterday, there were overhead signs asking drivers to reduce their speeds by 20 kph as the pollution levels were raised - a few of us adjusted our speed accordingly, but were overtaken by the majority!

This web site is quoting €29.65 for the sticker .... that's much more than the price stated on the Governmental web site

Not quite sure where you got that figure from - the website you posted a link to in your first post quotes €3.70 + postage, ie. under £5.

The €29.65 price is shown on the crit air website .... much dearer indeed!

Beware scam sites - I only paid a small amount (4.8 E)

Use :- www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/demande-ext/cgu

Edited by Big John on 28/03/2017 at 00:45

EXPENSIVE SITE:- 29.65 euro (scam?)

www.crit-air.fr/nc/en/store.html

---------------------------------------------------

Real site:- 4.8 euro including postage to UK (mine arrived a coupe of weeks ago)

Edited by Big John on 28/03/2017 at 19:07