Megane Scenic air con fan, what's wrong? - Som
Hi,
I've got a '98 Scenic 1.9dTi with air-con. The heater fan only seems to have one speed, like it's stuck on full blast. All six settings are the same speed. Off works fine!

Any idea what could cause this?

Thanks!
Megane Scenic air con fan, what's wrong? - bazza
The speeds are usually controlled by a resistor box, having different resistors for each "speed". This is a small piece of kit and shouldn't cost much at all.Sounds like a problem with that. Not familiar with Megane set up but will check in Haynes manual. Luckily your blower motor sounds OK!
Baz
Megane Scenic air con fan, what's wrong? - Big John
Is it air con or climate control, If its climate control it could be a faulty temperature sensor causing the air con/heater to acheive a silly temperature as fast as it can, ie fan on full.
Big John - it isn't climate control

Baz - thanks - Haynes to the rescue, I hope

Cheers
Megane Scenic air con fan, what's wrong? - bazza
Som

It seems Renault refer to the resistor box as the “Heater Blower Control Module”

Located behind the facia on left hand side of Scenic. Disconnect wiring and undo lower mounting bolt. Slacken upper mounting bolt, tilt unit backwards and remove.

You need to check or get this checked out electrically. I suspect Renault will sting you for a new one, so make sure this is the problem first! I managed to fix one on a ZX previously by soldering in some fuse wire to replace a burned out circuit. If you’re not DIY keen, best way is probably to use the services of a good auto electrician. Post an update to the thread when sorted so we can all learn!

Baz
Megane Scenic air con fan, what's wrong? - Dave N
As it's a module, I would imagine it's all electronic, and not the old style resistor pack. Most cars are like this now. Therefore, repair is probably out the window, but a word with a dealer will tell you if it's common for these to go. Knowing french electrics, I would imagine it's highly likely.
Thanks for the info but,
>Located behind the facia on left hand side of Scenic.
which bit of facia? I've taken some trim off underneath the dash on passenger side. There's a lot of wiring and I can see what looks and sounds like the main fan housing. But I'm not sure what the "Heater Blower Control Module" looks like.
Cheers,
Som
Megane Scenic air con fan, what's wrong? - PetePete
Did this get sorted? - I have exactly the same fault - What was the fix? how much did it cost? thanks