Mercedes a160 w reg semi auto - Hesitation/misfire - Jayv164

Help. My a class developed a misfire and hesitation about two weeks ago. After abit of research a common known fault is the throttle body. Ive had that cleaned out and the sparkplugs checked. when I drove home from having this done initially the fault was still there but after a few miles it run perfectly. I stopped at the shop and when I started up again the fault had returned. Ive got not warning lights up on dash. Any ideas??

It now has flucuating revs and keeps stalling and the warning light flashed when I drove it???

Mercedes a160 w reg semi auto - Hesitation/misfire - elekie&a/c doctor

Early a class models regularly surffered with hestitaion and stalling caused by a faulty airflow sensor.Unfortunately it is part of the engine control unit and a new one costs around £1K.However there are many repair firms that can overhaul these for a lot less .Also has the fuel filter been replaced recently?

Not had it long so dont know about fuel filter. It now drives really badly when started but within a few minutes its runs perfectly but when I switch it off then drive it next the fault comes back but within a few minutes is fine again and so on and so on!!!!