Volkswagen Tiguan - AA Breakdown cover via VW - csgmart

We purchased a new Tiguan in December last year and VW have written to us offering to extend the AA breakdown cover for £89 for one year or £145 for two years.

I've never had breakdown cover before (never needed it - lucky I guess) so have little idea if this represents good value for money or not.

The cost includes:-

Roadside

Home Start

Relay and Relay Plus

European Breakdown Cover (unlikely to be used by us)

So - good value for money or not?

Volkswagen Tiguan - AA Breakdown cover via VW - bathtub tom

If someone tries to sell you something It's usually poor value.

Go and buy something and you'll find the best bargains!

Volkswagen Tiguan - AA Breakdown cover via VW - focussed

It actually looks to be quite a good deal

www.theaa.com/breakdown-cover/

It actually looks to be quite a good deal

www.theaa.com/breakdown-cover/

Thanks - I did check the AA's site but wasn't sure if I was comparing like for like.

I've got until mid December to make my mind up. You never know the nearer it gets to the deadline the cheaper it might get....

Volkswagen Tiguan - AA Breakdown cover via VW - Falkirk Bairn

www.greenflag.com//breakdown-cover

The most comprehensive cover (No Euro travel) has a price guide of £60 - I took this out but the actual premium I paid was some £52.50

www.greenflag.com//breakdown-cover

The most comprehensive cover (No Euro travel) has a price guide of £60 - I took this out but the actual premium I paid was some £52.50

Thanks - £46.20 quoted for me.

Volkswagen Tiguan - AA Breakdown cover via VW - brum

Strange, Skoda includes the same AA breakdown cover free for the entire three year warranty period, before trotting out that same offer. I guess VWs must breakdown more often, while still under warranty and expect you to pay for its recovery to a garage.

Volkswagen Tiguan - AA Breakdown cover via VW - catsdad
I am on a really good deal with Honda which makes the VW deal look expensive.

If you have your Honda serviced by franchised dealers, they provide free breakdown cover (under the Honda name but subbed out to one of the majors, not sure which). This includes Roadside and Recovery. I also get free MOTs if I use their servicing although I am not sure this applies to current sales and may have been an offer when I bought the car.

While I appreciate that nothing is truly free I am currently enjoying these benefits under a four year service deal that was only £580. Also this includes annual oil changes and Scheduled brake fluid changes. HJ cautions is not the case with all manufacturers' schemes.

Even when the four year year deal is up the MOT and breakdown cover is still free if I use their servicing. For older cars that is £155 for a minor and £255 for a major service.

Factoring in the MOT and breakdown cover we pay more than that for our Corsa at our excellent indie.