2007 Vauxhall Vectra 1.8 VVT LIFE - Problem with Dual Mass Flywheel or something else? - Adish

Hi,

I have recently discovered that when pressing the clutch, I hear a rattling sound in my 2007 Vauxhall Vectra 1.8 VVT LIFE. Having searched around, this sort of behaviour points towards a Dual Mass Flywheel issue. However, it sees that this may not be relevant for my vehicle? I searched a few car parts website and there seems to be very little information to confirm if I have a DMF in the first place.

Could you car experts please help me with these three things here:

1. Confirm if I have a DMF?

2. If I have DMF, is this problem related to DMF?

3. If I don't have a DMF, then what may be the problem?

Let me know if you need any more information!

2007 Vauxhall Vectra 1.8 VVT LIFE - Problem with Dual Mass Flywheel or something else? - Railroad.

Dual Mass Flywheels are generally fitted on common rail turbo diesel engines that produce a lot of torque. When they fail ypu would usually expect a vibration as well as noise. Your noise could be the clutch release bearing. The bad news is you'll still have to remove the gearbox to do it.

2007 Vauxhall Vectra 1.8 VVT LIFE - Problem with Dual Mass Flywheel or something else? - Adish

The car occassionally does vibrate quiet a bit when taking off from the 1st gear and the same when I am reversing. However, no vibrations are felt once it is in motion even at low speeds (was cruising on 1st gear in a heavy traffic situation).

The rattling sound however is present every time I press the clutch regardless of what gear I am switching to/from.

How do I know whether the condition of clutch release bearings is at its worst and it is now time to change? The car has done just 69k so far.

2007 Vauxhall Vectra 1.8 VVT LIFE - Problem with Dual Mass Flywheel or something else? - Railroad.

Sounds like clutch judder. I guess you'll soon be treating yourself to a new clutch.