Toyota Avensis - cambelt & wheel tracking - jamie919

Hi All

Just looking for some advice basically just had both wish bones replace and cambelt replaced at the local garage.

my car keeps pulling to the left so i took if to Halfords for a wheel alignment but even after that it is still pulling to the left do I take it back to Halfords and ask them to do it again ?or could it be something else now tyres are going bold on the outside edges

cambelt was replaced about 2 weeks ago and now i am hearing a strange noise if i change gears to early i get a kind of squeaking noise coming from the engie it all most seems like the belt is slipping when to much power is going to the engine whilst not in the correct gear any ideas my though is he has put the cambelt on to loose

regards

Toyota Avensis - cambelt & wheel tracking - madf

The auxiliary belt which drives teh alternator is loose. hence teh squeal. Get the local garage to tighten it..

Toyota Avensis - cambelt & wheel tracking - Peter.N.

Tracking errors don't usually cause the car to pull to one side unless it is a long way out, the most common cause is uneven tyre wear, otherwise it could be a camber error but that is generally not adjustable and caused by damage to the suspension. Have they refitted your wheels to the opposite side of the car?

If the ouside edges are wearing the the tracking is out, the wheels are towing in to much. But that could have been a long standing problem which has only no shown up because the tread is getting low.

Edited by Peter.N. on 27/10/2016 at 10:53

Toyota Avensis - cambelt & wheel tracking - Peter D

I would get the original garage to inspect and check the wishbones are the correct ones. Regards Peter

Toyota Avensis - cambelt & wheel tracking - jamie919

Thank you very much for all your answers

If the ouside edges are wearing the the tracking is out, the wheels are towing in to much. But that could have been a long standing problem which has only no shown up because the tread is getting low.

yes the outside edges of the tyres are bold that's why I took it to Halfords to get the wheel alignment as had the wish bones replaced aswell and had to go to halfords to get wheel alignment as my garage said they couldn't do it there