Peugeot Expert 1.9D - Which Oil - stuartl

My non-turbo expert van needs some oil but I have conflicting reports of what oil I need, some saying synthetic and some not! My three questions I have are what is the correct grade of oil to use, is it fully/semi/ non synthetic and can I safely mix two types of oil as obviously I don't know what has been used previously.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Peugeot Expert 1.9D - Which Oil - Wackyracer

Use the oil finder on one of the known oil brands websites, Fuchs, Millers, Total, Castrol, Comma, Mobil will all be able to tell you by the registration number.

You should be able to mix oils without a problem, as long as the oil you use is suitable for the vehicle.

Peugeot Expert 1.9D - Which Oil - stuartl

Great info, thank you!

Peugeot Expert 1.9D - Which Oil - jc2

And you will find them not 100% correct,but not dangerously incorrect.The manufacturer changed the recommended grade of oil on my car more than three years ago but most still show his previous recommendation.

Peugeot Expert 1.9D - Which Oil - Wackyracer

It will still be more accurate than the spotty face kid in halfords on a Saturday arvo.

Peugeot Expert 1.9D - Which Oil - Bromptonaut

That will probably be same engine as my old Berlingo.

Original recomendation was semi-synth but oil companies and retailers now push a premium priced fully synth. Had to sign a disclaimer when getting a fat service chain to use the s/s rather than f/s Castrol they were pushing.

Peugeot Expert 1.9D - Which Oil - RichardW

1.9D will be fine on 10W40 semi synth diesel spec oil. It's not exactly a sophisticated engine!!

Peugeot Expert 1.9D - Which Oil - Gibbo_Wirral

I had a 1.9D Peugeot 306 and also used 10/40 semi.