Vauxhall Omega - Accelerator return spring. - Eric Lacey

Hi. Due to circomstances I have had my Omega adapted to hand controls.

The hand control rods are fitted to the brake and accelerator pedals close to the pivot points. Just like any other automatic the car creeps when the brakes are off. The hand control to accelerate is pulled upwards allthough the conecting rod to pedal actualy presses down on the pedal arm but I find the action very stiff and the car jumps forward instead of picking up speed smoothly. I put this down to the extra pressure needed to overcome spring resistance because the point of push is close to the pivot point. The foot when used is lower down from the pivot and there is no problem. Does any one know if weaker return springs can be fitted, and would this affect the car when being driven by the feet. Any advice would be welcome, I don't know where the return spring is..

Vauxhall Omega - Accelerator return spring. - elekie&a/c doctor
On all the petrol engines,the return Spring is on the throttle body mechanism,on the engine inlet manifold.Probably not too easy to change.Deisel engine models are electronic throttle where the return Spring is incorporated into the pedal unit.
Vauxhall Omega - Accelerator return spring. - jc2

Go back the the adapting firm and let them sort it.