VW Golf 1.6 FSI Auto 2005 - VW Golf 1.6 FSI Auto Tranmission fault? - Megawatt78

Hi My sister has just bought a used VW Golf 1.6 FSI Automatic from a Vauxhall dealer in Portsmouth, UK.

As she drove it away from the dealer the petrol light was on so she immediately filled up with petrol.

As she drove it away from the petrol station the car went into tiptronic mode and got stuck in first gear then the dashboard gear indicator went blank.

She parked up when safe to do so with engine running and I saw the auto box gears PRNDS were all highlighted red.

Then she switched the key off and key on again (engine off), six beeps occurred.

Key on engine on, gears were back in auto gears mode PRNDS with just the P gear highlighted which is normal.

Car drove fine after this.

Car is driving fine for now, but she gets six beeps at key on engine off.

Is this just the immobiliser, or an error/warning code?

Does this car have a fault of going into tiptronic gear mode randomly?

Thanks.

VW Golf 1.6 FSI Auto 2005 - VW Golf 1.6 FSI Auto Tranmission fault? - RobJP

These DSG gearboxes are probably some of the worst ever when it comes to problems and failures.

My honest suggestion is that when it does it next (and it almost certainly will, probably in the next few days), she gets out the phone, and videos the problem. Then she takes it back, and rejects the car for a FULL refund under the Consumer Rights Act.

Lesson for the future : Never buy a VW / Audi / SEAT / SKODA DSG (auto) gearbox car out of the initial warranty. They are notorious.

VW Golf 1.6 FSI Auto 2005 - VW Golf 1.6 FSI Auto Tranmission fault? - medview

Hello

The 2005 1.6FSI 6 speed transmission is NOT a DSG. It is an AISIN 09G which is the last of the good old torque convertor gearboxes used by VW before the dreaded DSG's.

Google SSP-291.

It's worth persevering with getting sorted unless the car is very high mileage.

Joe