Focus or any - Android head unit / Incar dash radio - Paul baker 360
Any one have any experience or share your thoughts?

Looking at an android media system for my focus as my stock system is playing up. Add to that I don't have Bluetooth and use my phone sat nav.

To get these things and fix the stereo would cost more than one of these androids. I'd also be getting a touch screen/DVD/optional reverse cam amongst other things with the android.

Link to an example:

m.lightinthebox.com/in-dash-car-dvd-player-for-for...g

I've seen them in action and being fitted on YouTube and look pretty decent.
The only thing I'm sceptical about is the quality (cheap Chinese made) and any effect on the cars battery and/or wiring

Edited by Paul baker 360 on 07/09/2016 at 16:27

Focus or any - Android head unit / Incar dash radio - oldroverboy.

No experience of the kit, but very negative of your potential supplier.

I would strongly suggest you read the reviews about this supplier. It took me many months to get goods returned (they were faulty) then new set sent also faulty. They did not want to refund. Happily when I sent the e mails to my cc company i was refunded.

Goods are sent from china and you may have import duties to pay. That was a separate nightmare to get refunded.

Never again.

just type problems (name of supplier)

Thanks for reply.

Wasn't going to buy from them was using their ad for example of the product.

Been searching around and there are plenty of uk suppliers although the product itself will no doubt be the same from China.

Edited by Paul baker 360 on 07/09/2016 at 19:51

Focus or any - Android head unit / Incar dash radio - Graham567

I bought a dvd/mp3/cd/radio etc touch screen double din size for my van.It was made by Xtrons which if you look down your advert ,you will see the dvd headrests.These are made by Xtrons so maybe your head unit might be as well.

While my player works and has been reliable,the sound out of it is terrible.Either it sounds too tinny so then you turn up the bass and then it sounds too boomy.I feel that the amplification circuitry is extremely poor and built to a cheap price.I have the opinion that in terms of audio quality,you get what you pay for.

I am seriously thinking of removing my stereo and buying something many times the price i paid for.Buy cheap,buy twice.

The one you listed might be ok but when it will do all those things for such a cheap price then compromises have to be made somewhere.

Thanks for the reply.

I too always say buy cheap but twice.

It's just there are no mainstream manufactures that make this type of unit.

Maybe I should just try to find a ford Bluetooth component for a reasonable price some where