Super GPS - hillman

This was in the IEEE Spectrum Online newsletter, I hope they dont mind me repeating it.

Someone has developed a GPS program that is capable of locating your car within 100 mm and is compatible with the computer running your car - older BRs grind their teeth at the description 'infotainment system'. That is accurate enough to keep your car in the middle of the lane even during a snowstorm.

Super GPS - brum

Snowstorms are when GPS are least likely to work accurately if at all.

Super GPS - Bolt

Snowstorms are when GPS are least likely to work accurately if at all.

As it works through ground base stations it shouldnt be a problem,I would think it would be ground interference, ie, transmissions that would cause more problems.

but the maps would have to be very accurate as it uses maps as well,best at the moment sticking to lane assist radar and GPS

Super GPS - Ekim Saribardak

This is what GPS+GSM Trackers are for. They tracker your vehicle using both GPS satellites and GSM towers when the tracker doesn't receive GPS signals, for example when you're inside a building, or a snowstorm :)

check out: www.rewiresecurity.co.uk/gps-tracker-car-tracking-...s

they have a wide selection of gps trackers.

Super GPS - Falkirk Bairn

Even with the best maps things go wrong.

New high voltage cable to support 500/1000 new homes passed

along the foot of my road.

They dug up the pavement to put in the cable & burst the watermain.

the drawings showed the watermain in the road.

However the watermain was under the pavement - they narrowed the road and widened the pavement - sometime after the drawings!

60 foot high water spout - water board & electrical contractor f'ing & blinding at each other. Happy days!