Toyota Yaris - DPF cleaning require ECU reprogramming ? - Perfection

Does anyone knows if the Toyota ECU require rreprogramming to reset the DPF loading level after the DPF is cleaned?

I have asked one of the DPF cleaner garage and they are unsure. They are charging £200 to remove, cleaned and refit to the car.

Anyone could comment on this or share any experience would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Perfect.

Toyota Yaris - DPF cleaning require ECU reprogramming ? - elekie&a/c doctor
Cleaning a dpf is rarely successful.Put the £200 towards getting the car fixed properly.

Fixing it properly I assume you mean replacing the dpf?

Well the dpf has been replaced. I can't possibly keeps on spending the money to get a new part. Commercial vehicles dpf are cleaned and reuse why not cars?

So I might give it a shot and see how good it is. But I was wondering if the ECU require reprogramming.

Toyota Yaris - DPF cleaning require ECU reprogramming ? - daveyjp
I've seen a YouTube video of an old dpf from a Citroen being cut in half. Looking at the waste in there I would question how successful a clean would be. It looked similar to the solid clinker ash you get from steam locos more like concrete than dust and it was blocking holes as narrow as a drinking straw from a juice carton.
Toyota Yaris - DPF cleaning require ECU reprogramming ? - skidpan

How old is the Yaris and what sort of mileage do you do.

For the car to need a replacement and for that to block up there is something seriously wrong.

We had 2 DPF equipped cars both for 5 years. We did about 37,000 miles in each car. Despite this being considered too low to keep a DPF healthy we never had an issue with either car.

So to get issues twice on the same car indiactes the car needs more than just replacement parts throwing at it. Cure the problem and not the resulting issue.

Toyota Yaris - DPF cleaning require ECU reprogramming ? - galileo

Fixing it properly I assume you mean replacing the dpf?

Well the dpf has been replaced. I can't possibly keeps on spending the money to get a new part. Commercial vehicles dpf are cleaned and reuse why not cars?

So I might give it a shot and see how good it is. But I was wondering if the ECU require reprogramming.

What mileage do you do and when was the DPF last replaced? Unless you do lots of miles at a reasonable speed this may be why your DPF clogs up - a petrol car could be more suited to your usage.

I do 17k miles a year and 90% of mileage is on constant motorway speed.

Original DPF lasted aprrox 60k. Replacement one (currently in the car) have covered approx 40k miles and regenerate at approx 120 miles. So before it get any worse I am thinking of getting it clean.