Mondeo TDCI safety recall - kurnal
I heard from my dealer today that there is a new safety recall to \"beef up\" the main fuel filter but he had no further information. Does anybody know any more about this?
Mondeo TDCI safety recall - trymybest
Ref. TDCI fuel filter recall,Ford are now supplying filters that will trap particles down to 2 microns as opposed to 5 microns.There will be no recall notice served to owners and the filters will be changed at service.
I persuaded my dealer to fit the new filter yesterday although he said that Fords policy is not to recall the cars and fit the new filter at the next service when that part would be scheduled- he said 25K miles??? Apparently Ford are unwilling to pay the additional labour charges. However he confirmed that the replacement is due to the number of pump failures and because of my bad experience ( my last tdci got through two pumps in 6000 miles)he did the job for me.
So I would advise anyone who owns one of these cars- mondeo and focus - to push for early replacement of the filter.
Mondeo TDCI safety recall - DavidHM
Why Mondeo and Focus? If there's speicifc information about the fuel filter, that's fine, but the three capacities of tdci are three different engines.

(It's confusing and I suspect I've diverted this thread into which Ford engine is which - but let's not go there. If you care, look it up in the site search).

Because the recall notice- the dealer showed it to me briefly- specifically covered mondeo and focus cars. When my pump failed for the first time, in July, the dealer told me that he had only had a couple of failures with the mondeo at that time but had done at least 10 focuses ( or should that be focii?)