Renault Clio - First Car...can't decide which one - nico_las

Hi there,

I am looking for my first own car at the moment and I just cant secide which one could be the best.

I already found a Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Active 5dr 2006 with 73.000 miles for 1.550 and it seems to be in good condition.

The second one is a Renault Clio 1.4 16v Dynamique 3dr 2006 with 90.000miles for 1.400 and seems to be in good condition as well.

Other cars that I might go for could be VW Polo's 1.4 .

Everything over 1.6 liter will be too expensive insurance wise thats why I dont want a 1.6 liter one. I also rather drive a bit quicker so the renault might suit me better.

Can you guys maybe help me a bit and give me soem advise for my own first car and what to look out for when i wanna buy one of them?

Thanks guys.

Regards

Nico

Renault Clio - First Car...can't decide which one - elekie&a/c doctor

How about a Focus 1.4 .They are about if you look hard enough.May find the insurance is less than all the others.

Renault Clio - First Car...can't decide which one - phil_z70

One lad at work has a punto same year, he seems to like it, doesn't do many miles in it and doesn't look after it at all, i don't think it has ever let him down though

The mrs has a 57 plate 1.4 petrol clio, she likes it, but I don't. it's rubbish to drive, no feel at all throught the steering, odd upright seating position and at nearly 100 bhp it doesn't seem to have much power, coil packs fail regular and regular timing belt changes are a must,

But not everyone likes the same thing

Test drive a few different models and see what you like the feel of

Renault Clio - First Car...can't decide which one - daveyK_UK

you can pick up a 3 year old 13 plate dacia sandero for around £2900

spend a bit more but get something newer, cheaper to insure and probably more reliable

Renault Clio - First Car...can't decide which one - Avant

At your budget level condition matters more than make or model. Try to find something that gives the impression of having been looked after, and if possible one that has some service history.

Renault engines can last a long time, but their electrics are more dodgy. As well as a Punto, see if you can find a Toyota Yaris - Toyotas really do last well - or a Ford Fiesta or Focus (lots of them aaround to choose from).

Thanks for the help so far guys.

I also found 2 ford fiestas.

The first one is the ford fiesta 1.4 LX 5dr 2004 around 109.851miles for £999. Looks like its in good condition, also has MOT till 06/2017 and was just serviced at 109.232 miles. Makes a good first impression.

The second one is the ford fiesta 1.4 Flame edition 3dr 2004 with 29.796miles for £1800.

But it is a CAT D, which explains the low miles. Not sure if going for a damaged car is good. I also might be able to get it cheaper because of the damage.

The first ones miles are a bit high and the second one was damaged.

Which one would you guys go for?

I also found a Vauxhall Corsa 1.4i 16v SXi 5dr 2006 with 100.500 miles for £1650. Looks in condition as well.