Honda CR-V - Honda 2014 CR-V 2.0 Petrol Automatic MPG - michaelkumar

Hello

I just bought a CRV 2014 petrol 2.0 automatic.

I do all in town London driving and I'm getting around 25MPG, often less. I have the eco option on, and I very rarely go over 30MPH. Is this normal? how can imporve on this.?

Honda CR-V - Honda 2014 CR-V 2.0 Petrol Automatic MPG - RobJP

According to Realmpg, the average for that engine and gearbox is 30-31 mpg.

So all your driving in London, with lots of stops and starts, I can quite easily believe 25mpg, and it's not unreasonable to be getting that.

Honda CR-V - Honda 2014 CR-V 2.0 Petrol Automatic MPG - RT

According to Realmpg, the average for that engine and gearbox is 30-31 mpg.

So all your driving in London, with lots of stops and starts, I can quite easily believe 25mpg, and it's not unreasonable to be getting that.

Sounds too high to me - in those conditions a diesel might return 25 but I'd expect a petrol to be under 20.

Obvious things to check affecting fuel consumption are tyre pressures, brake adjustment, unneccessary weight being carried, properly serviced including filters.

Honda CR-V - Honda 2014 CR-V 2.0 Petrol Automatic MPG - madf

If you have a journey of less than 4 miles, you will average 20mpg at best doing it.

If you have to drive up hills when the engine is cold, you will average 15mpg doing it.

If you stop and start a lot in traffic lights, 20 mpg tops.

What kind of journeys do you do? In London 25mpg is very good in my view.

And if you rarely go about 30mph, your car is going to soot up and reduce mpg even more. It needs at least one journey of 20 miles weekly doing 60mph or more.

Honda CR-V - Honda 2014 CR-V 2.0 Petrol Automatic MPG - michaelkumar

Well my car is a petrol automatic not diesel so I hope it doesn't have the DPF soot problems that some diesels have.

I am doing lots of stop start trips and some mild hills so I guess I should count myself lucky I'm getting 25MPG.!

Oh well, cars great though; smooth, confortable, roomyjust wish Honda did 1.5L petrol auto, can't have anything.

Honda CR-V - Honda 2014 CR-V 2.0 Petrol Automatic MPG - RT

Petrol cars don't have DPFs - that's why they're better for short trips than diesels.

Honda CR-V - Honda 2014 CR-V 2.0 Petrol Automatic MPG - Avant

A 1.5 petrol engine pulling the big CRV body would be a real slug - and probably no more economical than the 2.0 as you'd need a heavier right foot to maintain reasonable progress.

Enjoy the summer - take it out of London for a weekend on a motorway into the country, and you should beat 30 mpg.

Honda CR-V - Honda 2014 CR-V 2.0 Petrol Automatic MPG - Pondlife
I do all in town London driving and I'm getting around 25MPG, often less. I have the eco option on, and I very rarely go over 30MPH. Is this normal? how can imporve on this.?

I've got a 2007 CR-V 2.0 petrol auto. No eco option on this model.

Around town I get about 25 MPG like you. Sometimes lower if I'm wearing heavy shoes.

Mixed driving gives me around 28 MPG. 30 on a good day.

Normal motorway driving (65 - 75 MPH) gives me around 35 MPG.

Motorway driving at 60 MPH, staying in the inside lane with the trucks, I can get up to 40 MPG.

All MPG figures are from the average shown on the display. I don't know how accurate this is though.

Honda CR-V - Honda 2014 CR-V 2.0 Petrol Automatic MPG - Stumblebum

I had a Honda Accord 2004 Manual 2 Litre petrol Estate. It was a heavy car, and the engine struggled a little with that weight.

Day to day I got 30mpg, 33mpg for motor way driving (mainly at 70).

To me, your mileage sounds pretty good as you have an auto and (I assume) 4 wheel drive.

Honda CR-V - Honda 2014 CR-V 2.0 Petrol Automatic MPG - galileo

Hello

I just bought a CRV 2014 petrol 2.0 automatic.

That sounds pretty good in the circumstances, is the 25 mpg per the car's display or have you calculated it on mileage and brim to brim fuel use?

Honda CR-V - Honda 2014 CR-V 2.0 Petrol Automatic MPG - grumpyscot

I've had a 1999 CRV auto, a 2007 CRV auto and now a 15 plate CRV Auto (all of them petrol).

Looking back records (I don't do a lot of town driving - I live out in the sticks) I got about 28mpg on the '99 model, 29mpg on the '57 plate, and get 32mpg on the 15 plate using the ECO button.

Managed to get it down to 21mpg playing with the sports mode! But I'm not a fast driver either - 70mph tops (since there's not a motorway within 30 miles of where I live), and I'm a very light brake user.

Honda CR-V - Honda 2014 CR-V 2.0 Petrol Automatic MPG - Avant

That sounds like as good an advert for a petrol CRV as one could hope to find.

You kept the first two for eight years each, with presumably little enough trouble to lead you to buy a third. Your relaxed style of driving has no doubt helped, and suits the nature of the car.

Honda CR-V - Honda 2014 CR-V 2.0 Petrol Automatic MPG - grumpyscot

Only trouble I ever had was with the 57 plate, when the aircon developed a fault. Cost me £800 (Honda paid the other £800) to get it fixed. Other than that, a sticky caliper on the rear offside, and that was it. Sold the car at 57,000

The '99 model I sold at 124,000 and only ever replaced tyres, pads, battery and exhaust. Sold it unseen and it went on to 180,000 before a minor fault developed on the rear diff which apparently was cured by an oil change.

So far on the '15 plate, I've only had rattles - one was the rain / daylight sensor unit come loose, the other was the interior door handle trim, which was cured with a bit of glue. Recently, have been having tyre pressure fault come up every time I do a few miles at 70 - 80mph. never happens when I keep the speed down to 60 ish. Will take it to Hondas sometime - probably at the next service - next year!