Any - car suggestions - barney100

My car looks likely to be written off, 2008 Volvo V70, 76k. Bumper smashed, bonnet crumpled, one wing badly damaged and power steering gone. Reckon £8,000 with extra money above settlement on new car so what to get? Need some economy, get 5 in sometimes, and reliable. Any ideas?

Any - car suggestions - RobJP

Seen the latest owners review on the Dacia Logan estate ?

Owner went from an E class, and isn't disappointed.

Any - car suggestions - daveyK_UK

I would also reccomend the Dacia Logan, its the best vehicle in the Dacia range and the 0.9 turbo petrol engine is fantastic.

Any - car suggestions - gordonbennet

Apart from the obvious, another V70, you might find the W211 E class Merc 2006 on facelift could be a decent choice...not pre facelift though.

Chap i know has run these (now on W212) in E220 Diesel form for over 400k miles on private hire work virtually trouble free, well serviced from new by my own MB indy, and easily sold on afterwards.

Any - car suggestions - johnnyrev
Another vote for a Logan, we went from a CLK to the Logan, and it doesn't feel like a step down. Ours is the 0.9l and is an excellent car. Today I have done an 80 mile commute on m'way and B road and got nearly 50mpg, and had an easy, comfy drive.

I will write a review at some point as I'm surprised there aren't more Logan's around. Ours was £9.7k and the Laureate version, and the sat nav, cruise, air con etc are all used and appreciated. £150 a month PCP is appreciated too!
Any - car suggestions - drd63

There's plenty of cars that will give you 50mpg, comfort and ease over much more than 80 miles without having to sacrifice all sense of style and flair.

Beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder but until Dacia give some thought to design I can fully understand why there aren't more Logans around.

Any - car suggestions - alan1302

There's plenty of cars that will give you 50mpg, comfort and ease over much more than 80 miles without having to sacrifice all sense of style and flair.

Beauty is of course in the eye of the beholder but until Dacia give some thought to design I can fully understand why there aren't more Logans around.

At the price as the Dacia though?

Any - car suggestions - johnnyrev

The design of the Logan is probably best described as 'functional'. It doesnt have great showroom appeal (although the 2 dealers I went in didn't have one in the showroom!), so maybe that does put people off.

Any - car suggestions - daveyK_UK

for £6995 or £7795 in mid spec, the logan is clearly not about design but functionality.