Importing a used car (7 years old) from Jersey - daveyK_UK
Hi,
Can anyone provide advice for a friend who is importing a 7 year old car from Jersey, is there a process to follow?

Importing a used car (7 years old) from Jersey - Galaxy

I think you need to re-register it because you aren't allowed to use the Jersey registration on the UK mainland. Other than that, I'm not too sure.

Importing a used car (7 years old) from Jersey - oldroverboy.

I think you need to re-register it because you aren't allowed to use the Jersey registration on the UK mainland. Other than that, I'm not too sure.

Tell the jersey licencing office, then mport, (you might have to pay duty) (i did kast time) then register and be very aware that the vehicle will only ever have been used for 5 miles or so each way, with all the associated problems!

Importing a used car (7 years old) from Jersey - elekie&a/c doctor
Cars imported from the CI can need a lot of work to make them roadworthy for the uk as there is no mot system there. Tyres and suspension parts are the worst culprits.Registration for the Uk can be done,but it is a bit of a faff.You will probably need a COC. Certificate of conformity.
Importing a used car (7 years old) from Jersey - FoxyJukebox

Tread carefully when checking condition of car. Channel islands are covered with salty sea--which means rusty cars underneath, all around the brakes etc...

Importing a used car (7 years old) from Jersey - daveyK_UK
Grateful for the tips and advice
Importing a used car (7 years old) from Jersey - Brit_in_Germany

Since the car is not an EU-registered car, it looks like you will need an individual vehicle approval. See

https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk