Dacia Sandero 1.2 Ambience - Spare Wheel/Tyre - joegrundy

My son bought a new Sandero 1.2 Ambiente coming up for 12 months ago. I have to say that I have been impressed with it and have had fun driving it (a low power 1.2 petrol vs. my old 2.0d x-type). When my car goes to the big scrappy in the sky I fancy one of these.

He didn't get the 'emergency' spare wheel (£100+), but got the standard compressor and jar of glue (as useful as SFA IMHO).

Nothing to do with me, except that we live in rural West Wales and my grand-daughters (4 & 6) are often in the car. Not a situation I'd be happy with if there was a problem in the dark, on a mountain road - and I understand that some breakdown services DON'T cover punctures etc.

I went onto a site recommended/cited by HJ (mytyres). Got a full size steel wheel with tyre (balanced) for £81 delivered, and guess what? The Sandero has a spare wheel recess which will take a full size wheel and tyre. (And plenty of room for jack and wrench and torch and hand wipes).

Only issue is: maybe I was too much of a cheapskate because new tyre is directional. So if son has to use it there's a 50/50 chance it may be on 'wrong' side. My view is that it's perfectly OK to treat it as an emergency wheel (if fitted on wrong side), keep speed down to 50, get it changed asap.

Any thoughts?

(I'll also be interested to see how the first service goes. 7k miles/12 months, part of the package).