Jaguar S-type 2003 V6 petrol yaw rate sensor / Ford part numbers - Ian D

Hi there, my father in laws S-type (registered Feb 2003, 03 reg, 2.5 V6 SE auto) has a continuous DSC not available message and anti skid amber light on all the time. The local indi has read the fault codes and the problem is the yaw rate sensor. To repair it is around £300 (Jag part £260 plus an hour to fit),

No I am pretty handy with cars so am going to source a second hand yaw rate module from a well known auction site, typically £20 to £30, so a huge saving and fit it myself, 2 questions:

1) Is the module in the engine bay or near the gear shift somewhere. I think from googling it it is below the interseat console near the gearshift, but would like to know exactly where and how to get to it, is it just remove the black panel around the gear shift or does it need more of the interseat console removing?

2) I will probably have a look at the part and then order it but would prefer to have it ready, but on the auction site for S-type yaw sensors there are generally 3 part numbers, all Ford parts:

YW4A-14B296-AA

2M5T-14B296-AC

5W93-14B296-AC or AE

Any ideas on the interchageability of these?

Thanks!

Edited by Ian D on 14/05/2016 at 17:39

Jaguar S-type 2003 V6 petrol yaw rate sensor / Ford part numbers - elekie&a/c doctor

I think you will find that it is located on the transmission tunnel,just forward of the gear shift lever.Check the part # on the old unit to confirm that you order the correct unit.

Jaguar S-type 2003 V6 petrol yaw rate sensor / Ford part numbers - Ian D

All sorted thanks, checked part number on the duff unit, bought £15 ebay part, all woks fine and DSC not available and amber lights off on their own. By the way the sensor is just aft of the gearshift.