Vauxhall 100k Lifetime Warranty - Pejay

Hi,

A car covered by the Vauxhall 100,000 Lifetime Warranty.... I understand it has to be serviced by the dealer, but do you have to pay for this, or is it included and as such free?

A 2011 used Vauxhall I'm thinking of buying privately, has a full dealer service history until the last one a month ago. The seller has said, as he knew he was getting rid of the car and the warranty is not transferable, he had it serviced at a small independant. I just thought this was strange, if the dealer would have done it for free.

Hoping someone can put my mind at rest as I do like the car!

Vauxhall 100k Lifetime Warranty - Falkirk Bairn

The car was warranted up to 100K.

Servicing has to be at time/mileage @ Vx garage for the WHOLE of the warranty and is payable by owner.

EU servicing at any garage using VX parts only applies to the first 3 years.

As far as I know warranty was not tarsferable to new owners

Vauxhall 100k Lifetime Warranty - RT

Vauxhall Lifetime Warranty only applied to the original owner - so not available on any used car. As it's a 2011 it'll be out of it's normal 3-year warranty as well.

The servicing would have been chargeable anyway.

Edited by RT on 04/05/2016 at 19:44

Vauxhall 100k Lifetime Warranty - 72 dudes

Servicing has to be at time/mileage @ Vx garage for the WHOLE of the warranty and is payable by owner.

As far as I know warranty was not transferable to new owners

Correct, and Vauxhall knew that only a tiny percentage of people would buy a new car, keep it for 10 years and have it serviced at a Vauxhall dealer for all that time.

A pure Marketing tool which clearly didn't work too well, seeing as I can't remember the last time I saw anything about the lifetime warranty in any of the recent Vauxhall ads or PR.

Vauxhall 100k Lifetime Warranty - RT

As far as I know warranty was not transferable to new owners

Correct, and Vauxhall knew that only a tiny percentage of people would buy a new car, keep it for 10 years and have it serviced at a Vauxhall dealer for all that time.

A pure Marketing tool which clearly didn't work too well, seeing as I can't remember the last time I saw anything about the lifetime warranty in any of the recent Vauxhall ads or PR.

Vauxhall's Lifetime Warranty was withdrawn on new cars from 1st January 2015.