Ford Focus 2012 - Clutch Pedal Adjustment - Pilquin

Hi does anyone know if the clutch pedal can be adjusted on my focus? The biting point is about half way but the pedal travels a long way up after that to rest. It makes hard work of driving it and hurts my foot afrer a long drive

Thanks

Ford Focus 2012 - Clutch Pedal Adjustment - FoxyJukebox

I don't know whether you can adjust the clutch on the Fous-what I do know is that i had a similar problem in a Peugot a few years back which I cured by

*adjusting the drivers seat lengthways

*adjusting the seat upwards

* moving the backrest and head rest upwards

* moving the steering wheel slightly down.

Took 5 mins and did the trick!

Ford Focus 2012 - Clutch Pedal Adjustment - bathtub tom

Hi does anyone know if the clutch pedal can be adjusted on my focus? The biting point is about half way but the pedal travels a long way up after that to rest. It makes hard work of driving it and hurts my foot afrer a long drive

Thanks

If you drive with your foot resting on the clutch pedal, you'll probably soon find the clutch will need more than adjustment.

Ford Focus 2012 - Clutch Pedal Adjustment - slkfanboy

The clutch is self adjusting. Maybe the system has jammed and need freeing up.

Ford Focus 2012 - Clutch Pedal Adjustment - Avant

I don't see any implication that Pilquin is riding the clutch. Half-way up sounds about right for the biting point, but I wonder if the problem is that the biting point is too sudden.

As clutches aren't a warranty item, try an independent garage and see if they can make some adjustment. If that isn't possible, asssuming that this is the car you bought a couple of weeks ago (per your other thread), there is a fair chance that there is a difference between this and your previous car which you will get used to in time.

Edited by Avant on 05/05/2016 at 01:21

Ford Focus 2012 - Clutch Pedal Adjustment - Pilquin
Thanks for your replies