Toyota Corolla - Plastic engine undercarriage splash shield/protect - Crimea

Does anyone know where I could find the under-carriage plastic splash shield/engine protector for a 2005 Corolla?

I drove over something at speed which became trapped and ripped it down. I think some of the fixings are broken, so I've had to keep it in place - roughly - with Gorilla tape.

Cheers.

Toyota Corolla - Plastic engine undercarriage splash shield/protect - chriswales

It could be difficult finding one for a car of that age in decent condition at a reasonable price. You could try Ebay, but it’s a rather bulky item and postage maybe a problem.

I’ve seen them held on with cable ties, you could get back underneath and see if you possibly get away with using them.

Toyota Corolla - Plastic engine undercarriage splash shield/protect - gordonbennet

As above and if its split lacing it together with cable ties through a row of drilled holes works well, you see similar repairs on lorry mudwings and mudflaps regularly, lasts well.

If its ruined just bin it, will make inspection and servicing easier.

Toyota Corolla - Plastic engine undercarriage splash shield/protect - Crimea

Thanks.

I'm taking it in to have my local guy look at it, but I wanted to prepare myself for the price.

Toyota Corolla - Plastic engine undercarriage splash shield/protect - Bolt

As above and if its split lacing it together with cable ties through a row of drilled holes works well, you see similar repairs on lorry mudwings and mudflaps regularly, lasts well.

If its ruined just bin it, will make inspection and servicing easier.

Not sure about that date car, but some undercarriage covers are aerodynamic and if left off can affect drag & MPG ?

Toyota Corolla - Plastic engine undercarriage splash shield/protect - madf

Remove from car. Clean very carefully and remove all traces of oil and dirt. Roughen mating surfaces where broken e and within 2cms on each side with wire wool. Clean again.

Carefully reassemble off car propping up where needed and gaffer tape together on one side - just enough to hold together . Apply a thing - emphasis on "thin" layer of gorilla glue on the non gaffer taped side over the join and cleaned area.... following instructions on bottle. Apply gaffer tape with care.

Leave .

When dry, remove unglued gaffer tape on other side and glue/retape.

Wickes sell GG

Leave to dry for 24 hours.

Re-attach to car.

Warning: use old clothes and nitrile gloves with Gorilla Glue - it is very difficult to remove from hands. And impossible from clothing.

Gorilla Glue drys quickly with little expansion..

Edited by madf on 02/05/2016 at 07:36

Toyota Corolla - Plastic engine undercarriage splash shield/protect - Wackyracer

When my Toyota had a crack in the undershield I made an alloy strip with holes in and then drilled and pop rivited it on the inside of the panel so all you could see from below was 2 rows of equally spaced pop rivet heads.

Toyota Corolla - Plastic engine undercarriage splash shield/protect - Wukl

Recently after hitting standing water at speed, I had part of my car's undertray flapping about. I assumed that I would have to replace it but when I had an opportunity to actually get under the car I realised that although it was ripped, there were sufficient overlaps with other bits of undertray to form new holes with a Stanley knife and use a couple of cable ties to make good.