Audi TT Roadster - Clicking noise after SHE (video included) - spongebob1913

Video linked below!

So the Mrs was driving the car to work the other day, as I had the luxury of working from home. she came home to tell a delightful story of how "an idiot was haring it up a road, causing her to veer and hit the Curb" (at fair speed).

Since then, I have noticed a clicking noise, it seems to come when steering, pulling away and braking, (either straight or turning) until a certain speed, but I'm fairly sure at that point I just can't hear it anymore.

When the car is stationary, it makes no sound unless I turn the steering wheel. I have attached a youtube vid of the noise.

https://youtu.be/5LDKgrplNqw clicking noises are at 3/4 seconds 8/9 seconds and 15 seconds.

What do you reckon this is? Driveshaft? CV joint? And any rough ideas on what I should be paying to get this fixed?

Cheers in advance for help!

<*** style="margin: -5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: initial; border-style: none; vertical-align: middle;" src="http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/styles/TheTTForum/theme/images/arrow_merge.png" alt="" width="16" height="16" /> Top

Audi TT Roadster - Clicking noise after SHE (video included) - focussed

Top/bottom ball joint, track rod end, rack end ball joint, rack bushes, rack itself, - sorry- the xtal ball is cloudy today.

Extremely difficult to diagnose what and where a particular noise is coming from unless you happen to strike lucky and someone on here has done the same thing and had the same noise.

So the video didnt help?

Any idea on price for any of the jobs you mentioned? :/

thanks for reply either way :)

Audi TT Roadster - Clicking noise after SHE (video included) - Bolt

Apart from getting it looked at, I would guess at bent strut, sounds like it to me?

thanks - it is booked in for next week. just concerned over cost!

Audi TT Roadster - Clicking noise after SHE (video included) - Wolfan

Dash-cams, taking care in narrow lanes and being able to stop before a collision will provide enough evidence to prove a driver's innocence in any subseqent insurance claim which will avoid the possibility of a knock for knock situation. Never risk damage to the driven vehicle without involving the third party unless personal injury is likely to result. Modern cars flatter the most inept driver until things become difficult. I have seen little if any evidence that drivers of either gender under the age of 45 have any sense of what could happen as a result of excessive speed in inappropiate places, driving standards have deteriorated but I have no doubt that this has been said by older drivers in the past .

Audi TT Roadster - Clicking noise after SHE (video included) - Andrew-T

..... Eh ??

Audi TT Roadster - Clicking noise after SHE (video included) - Little Red
Hi Spongebob

Just wondering if you found the cause of the clicking under the TT as I've got just the same set of circumstances with my lovely little roadster and a pointer or two could be useful before taking to a garage

Kind regards