MB Citan Dualiner - MB Citan Dualiner as our next car/vehicle - DirtyDieselDogg

Good for misc. clag. and esp the Dogs, but, what are the particular downsides, for someone who generally treats a car more like a Van.

Biggest concern would be good supportive seats and a decent driving position.

A higher towing capability would be nice, but could be lived with.

However if Van speed limits apply, this alone would be sufficient to rule the Citan Dualiner out.

Presumably if registered PLG and taxed as a car, car limits speed limits should apply though?

Cheers

M

Edited by DirtyDieselDogg on 29/04/2016 at 12:52

MB Citan Dualiner - MB Citan Dualiner as our next car/vehicle - elekie&a/c doctor

Sounds like a Renault.Ah yes,it is a Renault ,so built like a Renault with an MB badge.

MB Citan Dualiner - MB Citan Dualiner as our next car/vehicle - RT

Depends on the version - the Panel Van has 2 seats, no rear side windows while the Dualiner and Traveliner have 5 seats and rear side windows so should be subject to car speed limits and VED.

sigh! ah bes aware o the Renault roots, "we" need a rolling eyes smilie btw.

thank you RT, anyway the potential 30* year MB warranty is attractive.

*conditions apply.

regards

marcus

MB Citan Dualiner - MB Citan Dualiner as our next car/vehicle - daveyK_UK
The seats are good from my experience, I often find the seats in these small van MPVs to be supportive.
It's only when you move up to a large van such as a crafter or full size transit when seats begin to take more of a bench format.
I had back pains recently from a 2 hour journey driving a full size transit, compared to a 6 hour across the UK journey driving a Berlingo multispace in which I had no problems at all.

The downside to the Citan MPV version is the price, it's an absolute rip off and your paying well over the odds for a MB badge.

The VW caddy, is also expensive compared to the other alternatives. I was struggling to see what is better compared to the rivals and other than a VW badge and better residuals because of the badge, it doesn't excel at anything and is probably worse in some areas.

The Ford tourneo connect is priced more competitively and is the best van based MPV on the market in terms of build quality and how it drives but I'm not convinced about the 1.0 ecoboost engine due to the number of clutch failures with this engine in any other car other than a Fiesta.

The Fiat doblo MPV is under rated and has the biggest boot of the lot of them and is reliable, certainly if you only intend on keeping it for 3-4 years. Some good discounts available if you shop around.

The Citroen Berlingo multispace and Peugeot partner tepee are probably the best all rounder in term of price, kit, servicing, insurance and reliability. With the new 1.2 pure tech petrol now introduced, the engine is meant to have transformed the way the Berlingo multispace drives.
Don't get me wrong, the Berlingo multispace drives OK in diesel format. However the reviews I've translated from the French motoring press reckon this engine makes the whole experience far better.

To summarise, the Citan is a rip off price wise and there are plenty of good alternatives.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 01/05/2016 at 08:23

Thanks DaveyK

I have noted the very positive reviews re the 1.2 Peugeot puretech petrol engine, and a neighbour across the lane runs a Doblo MPV, but wee= run a car/van for 10 or 12+ years as opposed to 3 or 4.

I also looked quite seriously at the VW Caddy and Skoda Roomster last time around.

Regards

Marcus