Toyota Verso 7 seater, 7 years old, 85k - selling at car auction vs webuyanycar.com? - dragonfly101

I got a quote from webuyanycar.com which doesn't look too bad, although I've read they try to beat you down for any little thing when you take it for the full valuation.

I'm wondering whether I might do better taking it to an auction myself, my local one has a £30 entry fee and 10% + VAT commission.

It has a full and complete main dealer service history, and I'm the only owner (although it was an ex-demonstrator and had 5k on the clock when I bought it)

I don't want to sell this car privately.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Toyota Verso 7 seater, 7 years old, 85k - selling at car auction vs webuyanycar.com? - craig-pd130

I've only had one experience with WeBuyAnyCar, and found it to be quick, easy and with no quibbles. We turned up at the local point with the car, the bloke took 5 minutes to inspect it and the paperwork, then did the bank transfer there and then for the quoted amount.

Admittedly this was for a 1-year-old Skoda Fabia after my dad died, but it saved a lot of hassle and we got a LOT more cash than we would've got selling to a dealer (I checked with a couple of dealers first), and obviously saved all the hassle of tyre-kickers coming to view it.

You may get more at an auction, but then again you may get less. I don't know if you could put the car in with a reserve price (i.e. if it doesn't make the reserve, it doesn't sell).

Toyota Verso 7 seater, 7 years old, 85k - selling at car auction vs webuyanycar.com? - slkfanboy

I suspect you will not get any more money and it will be more hassle and the check out the selling fees on top.

Toyota Verso 7 seater, 7 years old, 85k - selling at car auction vs webuyanycar.com? - RT

I've only had one experience with WeBuyAnyCar, and found it to be quick, easy and with no quibbles. We turned up at the local point with the car, the bloke took 5 minutes to inspect it and the paperwork, then did the bank transfer there and then for the quoted amount.

Admittedly this was for a 1-year-old Skoda Fabia after my dad died, but it saved a lot of hassle and we got a LOT more cash than we would've got selling to a dealer (I checked with a couple of dealers first), and obviously saved all the hassle of tyre-kickers coming to view it.

You may get more at an auction, but then again you may get less. I don't know if you could put the car in with a reserve price (i.e. if it doesn't make the reserve, it doesn't sell).

I used WBAC for a 5-year old Hyundai Santa Fe which the guy had to work very hard to get it down from grade 1 to grade 2 so I got just £20 less than their online offer - which will vary week-to-week, as they also own BCA so can watch the auction trends.

Don't believe the BS you hear from Evans Halshaw - they couldn't/wouldn't match WBACs offer and they don't "cut out the middle-men" as the BCA auction WBAC sent my car to was full of Evans Halshaw trade-ins and buy-ins!