rRenault Espace MKIV 2.2dci Auto - ESPACE MK IV 2.2dci AUTO GEARBOX - medievalpirate

Hi, I've a 55 plate Espace MKIV 2.2dci Auto, I'm having problems with the gearbox, when I start up the red box around park shows up as normal, but disappears after about 15 seconds unless a gear is selected before then & gearbox fault comes up on the dashboard. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be.......

rRenault Espace MKIV 2.2dci Auto - ESPACE MK IV 2.2dci AUTO GEARBOX - Fernando P

You should have the auto gearbox oil changed (part changed) every 50K mls, ideally by a member of fedauto engineers who know what they are doing. The gearbox, which is a (good) torque converter auto box is operated electronically and a switch of some sort may be faulty. Again, a trip to the above engineer, is the way to deal with this.

rRenault Espace MKIV 2.2dci Auto - ESPACE MK IV 2.2dci AUTO GEARBOX - medievalpirate

Just had a fiddle behind the Cabin Air Filter, having removed it, it may have been a loose sensor, won't really know till I've given her a run. Cheers for the info so far.......