Ford Fiesta 2003 1.25 LX - EAC Fail - leanoranie
Hello, am new to this forum as needed help with this problem on my car.

It's only got 65000 on the clock and has been a good runner up til the last month. The day before good friday I was driving home and doing about 25mph when I lost power and had EAC fail flashing up repeatedly. I then had to slow down for a mini roundabout and then stop and as I did all the lights on the dash came up and it felt like it'd stalled. I restarted it and it still was flashing EAC Fail and was in what i now know is limp home mode, i got it home with it cutting out when stationary and turning right (what fun). When parked up at home I waited for my dad to get back and look at it and he switched it on and all seemed well. He took it round the block and it was fine. So we assumed it'd just had a 'funny turn' but got the AA out and the bloke could find no wrong but suggested the throttle body might need seeing to. I then, on good Friday, drove it to my step mum's and had it die again on a busy high street, again eac fail limp home mode the whole lot. I get it the half a mile from there to hers and when there notice the engine's boiling hot and sounds like it's struggling (after a total 4 mile or so journey to hers). Then when going to leave hers that evening it 'went' again and we got the AA out to it who diagnosed a bad earth somewhere and him and my dad followed me home with it dying after two miles and still when slowing down feeling like it'd stalled and then when stopped revving on it's own and shaking and juddering. So the following wednesday it goes into a garage and comes back 12 days later, ecu checked for fault (no probs), a new throttle body (second hand) and new spark plugs. All seemed well and it did over 200 miles before doing it again two days ago and yesterday. however both times a 30 second wait before turning it on again and it was fine but now my engine management light is on but it drives fine, and yesterday it was only on 1/3 journeys i made that it did it. Am very confused and wondered if anyone on here had any ideas what could be causing it? whereas before the eac fail came up after a couple of miles of driving it came up last night 30 yards down the road.
sorry for long post, any help appreciated x
Ford Fiesta 2003 1.25 LX - EAC Fail - phil_z70

Has the alternator been checked ? it could be that it has a intermittent fault,

I had a fiesta mk6 08 and when the alternator was on its way out the electics went a bit haywire, i,e flashing lights on dash, speedo & rev counter doing random things, wouldn't turn over then okay 5 mins later, really weird

Might be worth checking out

Ford Fiesta 2003 1.25 LX - EAC Fail - John F

Interesting problem - lots of posts about this, e.g. ...

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=81411

Suggest do simple things like cleaning up contacts first