Renault scenic 11 2005 1.9cdi - Faulty window motor - Vstrom
Smoke came out of passenger front door card. That smell was of a burning circuit board. Pulled fuse for the window.. Will it be just the window motor or will it be the motor and the circuit board for the motor. Is there any way to check what is faulty before I take the door card off.
Thanks
Renault scenic 11 2005 1.9cdi - Faulty window motor - RobJP

No. Only way of finding out what the problem is will be to take it all apart.

Cheers RobJP I thought as much. Strange thing is that the fuse didn't blow and if I had not have taken it out there may well have been a fire.
Derek
Renault scenic 11 2005 1.9cdi - Faulty window motor - elekie&a/c doctor

Seen this a few times on megane/scenic models.It is usually the control module attached to the motor that overheats and melts.If you are unlucky,it can also cause damage to the multi-pin connector.It is unlikely to blow the fuse ,as it is not drawing in excess of what the fuse is rated.(usually 30 amp).Not a cheap fix,unless you go the s/hand route.

Thank you. Yes it makes sence. I will take door card off and have a look before ordering the parts needed.
Derek
Renault scenic 11 2005 1.9cdi - Faulty window motor - ferkemall

Ok when you repaired it get a can of silicone spray from the tool station and spray all inside the door ,its clean and don't smell but keeps all waterproof I used it on every electrical connection on my renault !