Swift or Yaris or Polo or Fiesta? - iamnicolas

Hello, i posted here again but now i found some new car sthat are within my budget an i need some help to decide which one to go for. I am looking for an automatic car for max £7000. The Swift, Yaris, Polo and Fiesta are within my budget. Any advice?

Examples:

Swift: goo.gl/nFKHv6

Polo: goo.gl/6sfrCQ

Yaris: goo.gl/3wuILb

Fiesta: goo.gl/BjrFpb

Edited by iamnicolas on 16/03/2016 at 17:36

Swift or Yaris or Polo or Fiesta? - bazza

From memory, the Polo has dual clutch DSG, which is best avoided buying used, the Yaris has CVT which I think is fairly poorly rated to drive, leaving the Swift and Fiesta with conventional TC autos, I would have thought you could not go far wrong with a version of the Fiesta, although very common, it's great to drive, sufficiently reliable and easy/cheap to repair. I think the very latest 1.0 have dual clutch set ups but these are outside your budget. Others with more detail will be along soon!

The swift has very small boot. I think the cvt is ok! I drove an iq with it and it was ok!
Swift or Yaris or Polo or Fiesta? - Ethan Edwards

I did 50k miles in three years in a Yaris with a CVT. It was the hybrid. Great little car . Go test drive one.

Swift or Yaris or Polo or Fiesta? - bazza

Forgot about the Yaris hybrid, yes indeed, that's worth a look, what kind of mpg did you average? I guess its a similar drivetrain to the Prius?

Swift or Yaris or Polo or Fiesta? - Ethan Edwards

About 62mpg but I'm a careful driver. 75m round trip every day mostly fast A road but I liked to use the cruise control set at 65 ish. When just pottering about I could get 67ish easy. It's a 1500 cc whereas the current Prius is an 1800 I believe. You hoon about though and if it's chilly like today you can knock that down to the mid 40s. Incidentally if you run it on super unleaded you can better those figs by upto 10% but I only use supermarket fuel. Cheaper the better!

I prefer the petrol Yaris. I had a look today at an SR one and it was really nice. The only negative is the cheap platic interior that the fiesta does not have. I saw couple of swifts too and their interior is a bit better than the Yaris and theis boot very small. I don tknow..!

Swift or Yaris or Polo or Fiesta? - Vitesse6

Have a look at a Honda Jazz CVT auto. Well within your budget and loads of room inside.

I dont know why but the insurance is much more expensive for that car!

Swift or Yaris or Polo or Fiesta? - Avant

Possibly because many Jazz drivers are 80 in the shade and have lots of prangs.

hahah!

Swift or Yaris or Polo or Fiesta? - gordonbennet

You're risking the wrath of our very own Madf, a man not to be trifled with, sooner you than me..:-)

Swift or Yaris or Polo or Fiesta? - madf

You're risking the wrath of our very own Madf, a man not to be trifled with, sooner you than me..:-)

My insurance for a Jazz CVT was £180 last year..

I am not 80 and still have most of my errr round things you play games with as a kid.. My alzheimers stops me remembering names...

I dont knoe what to get! I like the Yaris, its a small fuel efficient car with a big boot! The Suzuki is good too just has a small boot! The Fiesta is thirsty but it has the largest boot and seem like a bigegr car!