New Used Car Query - Pechacheli

Hi There

I purchased a second hand car last week via a small indepedent trader.

When I reviewed the paperwork he didn't have the VC5. We completed a V62 form which he took to the Post Office, paid the £25 it costs to get a new V5 as well as taxing the vehicle for 12 months.

I understand it can take up to 6 weeks for the V5 to come through however I wanted to understand the tax side of things.

If I go on the DVLA website it states the car is taxed until July 2016 but I was of the understanding that if the car is sold the tax is no longer with the vehicle.

Therefore am I OK to drive the car whilst I wait for my V5 and new tax?

Should I be worried?!

P

New Used Car Query - bathtub tom

If you have a receipt for the new tax (VED) I see no reason you shouldn't drive it.

Assuming you're licensed, insured and it's MOT'd.

Much apprecaited. I asked for a copy of the receipt which is in the post, just haven't received it yet.

The car is insured, I'm licensed and its only 6 months old so no MOT required.

Thanks again.

New Used Car Query - madf

So you bought a car with no V5 and no receipt?

You are braver than I - I would have run away.

I have a receipt for the car which includes the tax which was given to me before I parted with monies.

However I had to complete the V62 when I collected it and it's the receipt for this and the tax that I am waiting for.

I also had a full HPI check carried out which the dealer also did so I could compare.

I even spoke to the main dealer who sold the car and the company who purchased it so verify mileage.

New Used Car Query - catsdad
DVLA just turned around our V5 in a week by post. Posted last Monday and received new one today so you may not have to wait long. SORN applied for same day not yet confirmed however.
New Used Car Query - oldroverboy.

when i changed cars 1st Feb, the notification of change of ownership was with me 4 days later and the new V5C the next day.

Well done DVLA.. Diolch!

Now all they have to do is beat england at the rugby next week.

Well I believe in miracles.