Parking on Zig Zags - lilalfie

Morning Good People, I know what was done was wrong (and I know I'm in for some harsh comments but I would really hope for some assistance).

Parked on zig zags with hazard lights on, went into collect curry, husband came out and policeman was looking at the van (I know, I know, I know).

Gary walked home, panicking, 30 minutes after Policeman knocked on the door, gave him a complete and utter dressing down (deserved) asked for his keys, Gary at this point told the Policeman that he had had a drink since getting in.

Wonderful Policeman went and moved the van and came back down with keys, gave him yet another dressing down and left. Didn't give us any paperwork, didn't say we were going to get any, just lots of dressing downs.

Do you think that we will be getting something through the door as the Policeman knows where we live or do you think husband was very, very lucky? I'm sure you can imagine he got another ear bashing of me tool.

Thank you for your help. Carol

Parking on Zig Zags - bathtub tom

So it was close enough to walk?

He parked on zig-zags and then abandoned it there?

Had he been drinking before he parked and then used the subsequent drink excuse as a ploy to avoid being breathalysed?

Was it a white van?

Parking on Zig Zags - RobJP

If he wasn't breath-tested at the time, then he may have gotten away with it.

May still get parking ticket, points, however.

In 'old-school' policing, it's known as putting the fear of God up someone. They know they are on the radar in the future, and if they screw up, someone will be on them like the proverbial ton of bricks.

He should take it that he's been incredibly lucky and that if there is a 'next time'. then they will throw the book at him.

The Policeman did put the fear of God into him and me, and I wasn't anywhere near!

If we do get a parking ticket, points will it posted to home even though we weren't given anything at home when the Policeman dropped the keys back off and are we on 'waiting the 6 month for them to lay charges'.

Thank you again.

Parking on Zig Zags - RT

For walking away from the scene of an offence - AND - saying he'd had a drink at home, I'm surprised he wasn't breathalysed and checked on the "count-back" process.

If he gets away with just the dressing down - he'll have used 8 of his 9 lives.

I wish we had more police resources to allow them time for old-fashioned policing where one b****cking can be very educational and last a lifetime.

Parking on Zig Zags - Cris_on_the_gas

Did you have a drink before writing this Story !

Excuse me, what do you mean exactly.

This is no story and if that's all you can come up wih for help/advice then I won't be taking it.

Thank you to all others.

Parking on Zig Zags - skidpan

Any policeman who suspects a driver of drink driving and does not breathalise them deserves the sack IMHO. They are not doing their job. What would have happened if the OP had later driven in an intoxicated state and killed someone.

If its a true story the OP has been so lucky it defies belief.

Parking on Zig Zags - oldroverboy.

Excuse me, what do you mean exactly.This is no story and if that's all you can come up wih for help/advice then I won't be taking it.Thank you to all others.

So, you think (either or both of you) that it is ok to Drink and Drive, Park where you feel like at the risk of a driver not seeing a pedestrian on a crossing and possibly causing a fatal accident, never mind breaking the law and you ask us to beleive that a policeman would take the keys and move the vehicle himself. (NOT allowed)

Sorry pull the other one, but if it is true, what an idiot.

Harsh yes, Start thinking of the harm you could have done.

And if you don't like what some people are rightly saying, .....

Parking on Zig Zags - Doc

So the policeman waited 30 minutes and then went and moved the van himself. Sounds very unlikely to me! How did he know your address?

Edited by Doc on 19/02/2016 at 21:50

Parking on Zig Zags - Bromptonaut

So the policeman waited 30 minutes and then went and moved the van himself. Sounds very unlikely to me! How did he know your address?

How long would it take him to get on his radio and do a vehicle check? As the address was round the corner he wnet round there rather than calling for a towaway truck.

I strongly suspect Gary knew he was at best marginal for a breath test - hence the panic. As above 8/9 lives used.

Parking on Zig Zags - Simon
What is the point of breath testing a man who is at home, if you haven't witnessed him driving the van or even being in charge of the vehicle at the scene. Even if he is over the limit it'll never stand up in court, there is no evidence to charge him, just suspicion.

As for the circumstances, I strongly believe that the guy in question knew he was probably over the limit, hence why he did a runner.

No story. Policeman took keys and moved van.

Parking on Zig Zags - Plinky

I am very confused....I've read your post as:

Your husband drove the van to the takeaway. He parked on the zig zags outside of the establishment and left the vehicle with its hazards on. He's then come out and seen a policeman eyeing up the vehicle so, rather than apologise, get in and drive it home - just around the corner - he's abandoned it and walked. 30 minutes later, policeman knocks on the door to your house having, I assume, got the details off a database, because, for some unkown reason, your husband has left the van where it was...illegally parked for 30 minutes??

I would say that you are very lucky that he just got a dressing down because, frankly, if it were me I'd have found his behaviour (i.e. would rather leave vehicle illegally parked than hang around) a massive red flag that he was trying to avoid speaking to the old plod...

Parking on Zig Zags - nabsybd

(Offensive, illiterate post removed.)

Edited by Avant on 22/06/2016 at 23:05

Parking on Zig Zags - 72 dudes

Another pointless unhelpful post which you've re-opened from 4 months ago.

Afternoon Mods,

Can this thread be removed completely please. It was months/months ago I posted. Goodness know why someone has updated in June?

Thank you.

Parking on Zig Zags - Bromptonaut

Surely you can't expect to put up a thread and have it removed completely just because it didn't go the way you wanted? Exception of course if there's a real legal issue or risk that people might be traced or threatened but not just to save OP's blushes or realisation that neck needs to be reeled in.

Looks as though mods have called this one right and just deleted the offensive/troll stuff.

Edited by Bromptonaut on 24/06/2016 at 22:33

Parking on Zig Zags - Avant

Agreed!

Free speech is important on a public forum, unless there is something offensive or a risk to someone (Lilalfie, please say so if there is.)

If anyone has anything else to say that's useful, please say it in the next day or to, and then I'll close the thread.

Afternoon Avant,

Nothing offensive or at risk.

This was way back in February so everthing was sorted, just wondered why someone updated in June. Nothing covert, nothing nasty and if I said the wrong word as in 'remove' then I'm sorry, just wrong terminology. Closing is absolutely fine.

Thank you.