Corsa Recall - Marc
Has anybody heard anything about 94L-95M Corsas being recalled due to a fault with the passenger seat mountings. My sister has a 94L GSi and the passenger seat moves back of its own accord. She rang the local main dealer and they said if her car was affected then she would receive notification from DVLA.

I seem to remember being told there was an article about Corsa recalls (possibly in the Telegraph) about six months ago?
Corsa Recall - David Lacey
If the dealer is unhelpful (as usual) and if Vauxhall actually cares for it's customers, then call Vauxhall Customer Services and ask them - I'm sure they'll help. I'm not sure of the phone number - just ask your 'friendly' dealer for it.

There must be something on the 'net about vehicle recalls - perhaps try a search using Vauxhall, Corsa, Recalls etc as search criteria?

Rgds
David
Re: Corsa Recall - Dai Watchalowski
Go onto the Vauxhall website there is a customer service recall helpline number there. It works.
Re: Corsa Recall - Tom Shaw
There was a problem with Corsas, but I'm not sure if it was to do with seat mountings or seat belt mountings. The models affected were however later than 94/95, I believe it was somewhere round 99/2000, and it caused quite a lot of hassle for driving instructors as examiners were instructed by the DSA not to take Corsas on test unless the candidate or the instructor could produce a letter from a Vauxhall dealer confirming that the car had been inspected and any fault rectified.

I had not heard of any similar fault with 94/95 Corsas, but if there was no doubt someone will put you right.
Re: Corsa Recall - Stuart B
Try these websites,

Glass?s technical online

www.glass.co.uk/sub/gto/sub/recall/cars.cfm

AA Vehicle recalls

www.theaa.co.uk/motoringandtravel/carrecall/
Re: Corsa Recall - honstjohn
For crying out loud, you guys. All you have to do is go to Vauxhall, then Corsa B in the car by car breakdown at www.hoestjohn.co.uk and you will find all the reaclls I know about on the Corsa, including the latst batch released in June. It's much quicker and better than going to the government sites because you find all known problems with the car and all recalls and known Technical Service Bulletins going back 3 - 5 years all in one hit.

HJ
Re: Corsa Recall - Marc
He's right

Cheers HJ.
Re: Corsa Recall - Stuart B
At the risk of being considered argumentative, which is probably the case already, so might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

IMHO on the web its often better to check more than one source of data, and the reason I posted the above is that unlike the on site car by car breakdown both Glass' and the AA also list recall notice R1995/012 air bag connector plug which might cause air bags to fail to deploy on Corsas up to 95, the date in question for Marc's motor. This was on the same notice in 95 that listed the sparking during refuelling.

However in general the car by car breakdown is more up to date than all other info sources.

But yes, having noticed the omission I meant to e-mail the info direct rather than include it in the post and thus potentially create distrust in the site info. I forgot, so sorry.