Vehicle check question - cjdavies

It came with 2 highlighted things:

Quote: Vehicle Identification Number Details

Vehicle Identification Number was not supplied, or is invalid.
Do not purchase this vehicle until you have confirmed the correct VIN.

Click here to confirm your Vehicle Identification Number.
The VIN is usually 17 digits long and is a combination of letters and numbers and is listed in the vehicle V5 document.

With this, what does it mean?What should I do? As the vehicle is 250 miles away with a dealer (I plan on going Tuesday). Do I go there and inspect the VIN printed on the V5C to the VIN on the vehicle? Which I would have done regardless as part of my check.

Quote: Finance agreement recorded

They have provided the details so I will ring tomorrow (in a few hours) to confirm if settled in full and if so confirm by email.

Vehicle check question - oldroverboy.

As Elvis sang

Walk away, walk away.

A dealer should have all these things settled BEFORE putting on sale.

Vehicle check question - I'm a Pane

>>A dealer should have all these things settled BEFORE putting on sale.

And they invariably do. However it can a month for the HPI marker to be changed. If it is still showing at point of sale a quick telephone call to HPI can have it removed (subject to finance check of course!) within 48 hrs.

Vehicle check question - gordonbennet

The vehicle check means nothing until you've entered the chassis number (VIN), the vehicle might be wearing a set of reg plates from another vehicle so the vehicle check means diddly till the identity of the vehicle is confirmed.

If the vehicle is 250 miles away you either travel and inspect it and complete the check online then and there or you get the dealer to disclose the VIN, do the check and then confirm that number is correct upon inspection.

As for a vehicle 250 miles away presumably this is a rare beast indeed, as any problems encountered with it after purchase are going to be a mighty headache to get sorted, for you.

Edited by gordonbennet on 08/02/2016 at 08:05

Vehicle check question - pd

Did you actually enter a VIN number and, if so, are you 100% sure it was correct?

The finance doesn't mean a lot until you know what sort it is. It could just be unit stocking which is pretty common on a car from a dealer.

Vehicle check question - slkfanboy

It's a long way to go for a car. It's basically the dealers issue and a HPI check will be done by the finance company and if your want finance on it it will be a blocker. As other siad the can normally be sorted witha few hours over the phone if the finance flags need resetting.

Vehicle check question - galileo

I would never go 250 miles for a car (unless it was a free gift).

There must be a similar one nearer than that unless it is extremely rare.

If it is that rare, there may well be issues with insurance/spares availability etc.

What is so special about it, if its unusually cheap, one wonders why?

Vehicle check question - gordonbennet

Same question appears on another forum, its apparently a Fiesta.

Vehicle check question - John F

250m for a Fiesta???!!!

I live in a small village in the east midlands at least 3m from a town of any size. A quick search on, er, a well known site I think I am not allowed to name here, reveals 300 used Fiestas within 20m! Is it pink?