why no charges - Going fast - oldroverboy.

www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/rare-audi...9

Why have plod not got involved?

why no charges - Going fast - RobJP

Because he complained to the garage, not the police.

Also, because a NIP has to be sent out within 2 weeks of the offence taking place. If he's only now going to the press about it, a couple of months after the speeding offence (note the taking 6 weeks to fix the door dent), then it can't be prosecuted.

why no charges - Going fast - John F

Clearly now's a good time for builders. Sadly not so good for farmers, though.

why no charges - Going fast - Wolfan

Clearly now's a good time for builders. Sadly not so good for farmers, though.

What? Take more water with it! and then in the morning get some help.

why no charges - Going fast - Avant

John's point surely is that a building firm director can afford a Q7 whereas nowadays a farmer almost certainly couldn't.

Edited by Avant on 06/02/2016 at 23:43

why no charges - Going fast - Wolfan

John's point surely is that a building firm director can afford a Q7 whereas nowadays a farmer almost certainly couldn't.

Ooops, sorry.

why no charges - Going fast - Engineer Andy

I (as someone who works in the Construction Industry) can attest to the former at least; a local farm also has had built some industrial units on their land to presumably supplement their income (which has taken a big knock in recent years, not just because of the recession) which is a very good use of their spare land and a good idea.

Regarding the former (not farmer!), unless a building contractor firm is run really badly, it can be very lucrative for the owners and senior staff. Not so good during recessions, but 'ordinary' (less senior) staff fare far more badly and mostly feel the effects of such hard times far more than the Directors (I can attest to this personally). When times are good, they're very good (hence the flashy car), when they're bad, they're very bad (big job cuts).

A flashy Audi isn't out of place - one of my old bosses (a firm of about 10 people) drives an RS5 and is quite typical.

Sorry for going off topic, but just to develop John's comment a bit.

why no charges - Going fast - lordwoody

I never see a farmer in East Anglia in anything other than a big smart Disco or Range Rover.

why no charges - Going fast - Engineer Andy

Unlike residents of a certain London borough, farmers actually USE such vehicles to go off road, which they are very good at. I seriously doubt though that they drive round in 'Chelsea tractor' varieties with 19in 40 prfile rims/tyres. A bit of comfort is perfectly fine too.

To be honest, I see farmers driving just as many Japanese 4x4s (especially 'double cab' cars) as I do Landies, if not more. Don't forget also that farmers do have families, so very utilitarian vehicles may not always be a suitable vehicle.

why no charges - Going fast - Cyd

Because a conviction in a court of law requires more than a sensationalist newspaper article generated by an arrogant t0$$p0tt who's p***ed off he couldn't get more "free stuff" out of his dealer.

why no charges - Going fast - dimdip

He got 2 x free services (which must be worth over a grand) on top of the door repair. He should have taken that as sufficient recompense rather than also running to the press.

why no charges - Going fast - Wackyracer

Because a conviction in a court of law requires more than a sensationalist newspaper article generated by an arrogant t0$$p0tt who's p***ed off he couldn't get more "free stuff" out of his dealer.

I would have thought that the data logged by the tracker would have been sufficient enough.

If he wanted to he could have contacted the police about the offence and then claimed his money back for the service and any damage under the sale of goods and services clause of not taking care of his property while in their care.

They probably did damage the wheel and he just didn't notice at the time he collected the car.

why no charges - Going fast - quizman

I don't know why he's moaning, you want your car properly tested after a service.

why no charges - Going fast - craig-pd130

I don't know why he's moaning, you want your car properly tested after a service.

I believe this was the original argument used by a Vauxhall dealer that serviced a Monaro, which was clocked by the owner's onboard tracking device at repeatedly over 100mph in the hands of the service technician.

They tried to argue that "the engine needed to be worked in order to be sure the problem was fixed."

From memory, the dealer's argument was not succesful.

why no charges - Going fast - DirtyDieselDogg

106 mph is not, per se "fast" for a V12 Audi, despite being twice the speed limit.

Being well well well within the vehicles designed in capabilities (Autobann crusing for instance)

PS

I saw an absolutly dead serious internet post from a farmer, wondering "were them new diesel Porsche Cyanne's ony guid fer towing", because on business lease he could get one (presumably the V10 diesel) for a stupid low monthly amount.

And he would as long as it ud be fit to tow his triaxle cattle trailer "x" hundred miles per week.

I laughed.