Seat Ibiza 1.4 2002 3 door - Electric Windows not working - karl stanley
Hi I posted this question yesterday but can't and I have had a reply. I have a 3 door seat Ibiza 1.4 and the electric Windows have stopped working both sides I have checked the fuses and they are fine. I have had feedback saying it could be water on the drivers ecu in the door. As I. Am not mechanically minded I would appreciate if anyone would have more information on this and possibly a link on how to fix please. Or any advice on how to sort problem. Thanks in advance people.
Seat Ibiza 1.4 2002 3 door - Electric Windows not working - RobJP

If you're not mechanically minded, then you need someone that is. A friend or a garage, basically. A Haynes manual will show you how to take apart the door and where the ECU is located, but, eventually, it will only be solved by someone with a set of tools who knows what they are doing.

I went to auto spark paid £35 for him to tell me it was the regulator. Then I spoke to someone else who said regulator would not go on both sides. That why I have asked for some advice as I would have a go at fixing it. I was thinking buying new switches and replacing them to see if they were at fault. Thanks in advance

Edited by karl stanley on 05/02/2016 at 23:43

Seat Ibiza 1.4 2002 3 door - Electric Windows not working - elekie&a/c doctor

Does the passenger door window work from its own switch on the passenger door?

No both Windows don't work. That's what led us to think fuses but had them all checked and there fine
Seat Ibiza 1.4 2002 3 door - Electric Windows not working - elekie&a/c doctor

Could be broken/corroded wires in the door shut,between the door pillar and door,where it runs through rubber boot.

Thanks so it looks like I need a spark to look at it again but won't be going back to the first one he was useless
Seat Ibiza 1.4 2002 3 door - Electric Windows not working - Cyd
I went to auto spark paid £35 for him to tell me it was the regulator. Then I spoke to someone else who said regulator would not go on both sides. That why I have asked for some advice as I would have a go at fixing it. I was thinking buying new switches and replacing them to see if they were at fault. Thanks in advance

Did you get a receipt detailing this advice? If you did, return and ask for your money back as he clearly didn't investigate the problem properly.

As an ex-door systems engineer looking after window regulators for over a dozen years (and dealing with Brose who supply these Ibiza regulators) I'd say the odds of 2 regulators in two doors failing at the same time are vanishingly small. It must be in the control side of the circuit eg switch pack, wiring, ecu. Anyway, easy to prove by simply applying 12v to the motor pins! Some electrician!

Brose are also a major supplier of door latches and seat frames to Uk and Euro manufacturers. Factories and engineering in Wuperttal and Koprinice (been to both). We're not talking cheap Chinese rubbish here.

Thanks for the advice someone said to me to check the ecu in the drivers door as the main switch might have moisture on ecu (I think that's what he said ) I did get my money back of the spark but me mate who is a mechanic has a spark he uses and doesn't charge for diagnosis so that could be the better bet. I wanted to have a go me self because I want to learn how to do simple mechanics (haha).

Edited by karl stanley on 06/02/2016 at 15:27

Seat Ibiza 1.4 2002 3 door - Electric Windows not working - Jack75
Hi

I know this is an old thread but I have the exact same issue and wondered what the outcome was??
Thanks

Jack
Seat Ibiza 1.4 2002 3 door - Electric Windows not working - edlithgow

If you're not mechanically minded, then you need someone that is. A friend or a garage, basically. A Haynes manual will show you how to take apart the door and where the ECU is located, but, eventually, it will only be solved by someone with a set of tools who knows what they are doing.

Or you become mechanically minded. I doubt even Germans are born that way.