Ford Ka 1.3 (1998) - Ford Ka 1.3 (1998) Heater not working - Darrenj2308

Hi, I have read previous posts about Ford Ka heaters not working but they all appear to be blowing cold air, whereas my son has a 1.3 1998 Ford Ka3, the heater doesn't work at all, turn the switch and nothing happens, my wife had the car previously and she found the heater only worked on full blast no matter which setting she had it on, then it packed in.
I have checked the fuse and after reading the other posts I have changed the heater control valve but still nothing, I was thinking about changing the heater control panel on the dash but before I spend anymore money I would like to hear if anyone has any other advice.

Thanks for any help

Ford Ka 1.3 (1998) - Ford Ka 1.3 (1998) Heater not working - Peter.N.

If the fan is not running it won't be anything to do with the control valve but an electrical fault. I don't know what from the speed regulator takes on those but its probably a resistor unit of some kind.

Found this on ebay: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-PUMA-KA-HEATER-CONT...P

If you have a meter you can check for voltage on the fan, if its there but doesn't work could be a faulty motor.

Thanks Peter

I will have a look this week, hopefully it will be something simple, i will have a look at the resistor and controller and will check the voltage at the fan.

Thanks again for taking the time out to help

Ford Ka 1.3 (1998) - Ford Ka 1.3 (1998) Heater not working - elekie&a/c doctor

Access to the heater blower on these is not too easy.If you take a look under the dash,passenger side,you should be able to locate a fly lead with a 2 pin connector attached.This is what needs to be checked for a power and earth supply.

I had a look at the weekend and the help I received was spot on.

I removed the heater control switch and found it had suffered heat damage, the plastic on the inside had melted so I have now ordered a new one, I am sure it will fix the problem because I could get the heater to work if i pushed the rear of the switch in a certain way.

Thanks very much for your advice, again it was spot on and it saved me a lot of time and expense.